Join Tubi, the industry-leading and fastest-growing streaming service that is revolutionizing the future of TV! With over 8,500 active movies & TV shows, our users are watching millions of hours monthly from the world's largest free AVOD catalog. Backed by leading VC firms, and working with partners such as MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate, we are continuing to make entertainment accessible to all.
As a top ad-supported video on demand streaming service, Tubi engineers understand that the user happiness is our top priority and strive to offer a delightful user experience. From having a consistent experience across all our apps, to improving the performance and responsiveness of our app, we aim to help our users discover and enjoy and content, all for free.
About the role:
This role will be part of a growing team responsible for improving the Tubi channel on the Roku platform. This high impact position will directly work with the Tubi channel on Roku which is watched by hundreds of thousands of viewers each week. You will be building new features, improving performance, writing unit and integration tests, and iterating on the build process. We are looking for people who have user empathy, enjoy working in a team setting, are lifelong learners and hold themselves to the highest quality code standard.
- 2+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Solid understanding of CS fundamentals like threading, CPU & Memory utilization and networking
- Experience with client development and building quality production apps
- Extreme user empathy and a passion for a great UI/UX
- Previous experience with Roku and Brightscript a very strong plus
- Previous experience with C# and Xamarin useful but not required
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi TV generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, and gym subsidies
- Your choice of hardware
- Work with other fellow AVOD enthusiasts
- Opportunity for internal growth
- Open PTO
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.