Join Tubi and change the way people watch movies and TV! With over 7,000 active movies & TV shows, our users are watching millions of hours from the world's largest free catalog of premium content per month. With backing from leading VC firms, and working with partners such as MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate, we are disrupting the streaming media space.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to oversee our accounting activities. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for maintaining general accounting practices and policies, developing and monitoring internal accounting controls, producing US GAAP compliant reporting and managing day-to-day accounting operations and period close. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit coordination and the support of budget and forecast activities. The successful candidate will report directly to our Controller and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company.
If you are a self-starter, critical thinker and enjoy working in a culture that is fast-paced, collaborative and fun, we invite you to apply today!
What you'll be doing:
- Manage the monthly financial close process, which includes ensuring revenue earned and costs incurred are appropriately recorded, overseeing the preparation of account balance reconciliations, reviewing journal entries to ensure complete and accurate and resolving issues
- Prepare frequent account analyses to ensure accuracy of business transactions occurring in general ledger accounts and lead investigation and resolution where needed
- Manage the preparation of US GAAP compliant monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Manage, supervise and mentor accounting department employees
- Participate in the ongoing development and establishment of accounting policies and procedures, internal controls and operational strategies, including the review and implementation of process and system changes
- Demonstrate a continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Assist is the coordination of the cross-departmental budgeting process
- Research accounting issues, prepare technical memos and policy documentation
- Coordinate a successful annual audit process
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience in public accounting (Big 4 preferred)
- 1+ years of relevant experience in an accounting leadership role
- Broad knowledge of technical accounting matters – such as internally developed software, stock based compensation, preferred stock, debt
- Experience with month end close – account reconciliations, resolution of issues, reporting, etc.
- Exhibit strong problem-solving skills and excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of both financial and operational controls
- Ability to partner cross-functionally across various departments
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Netsuite experience necessary
- Help build the future of TV
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first, data-driven business
- A chance to build and lead your own team. You will report directly to the Founder of Tubi!
- In addition to VC funding, Tubi generates healthy revenue
- We offer very competitive pay, equity, full medical, dental & vision benefits, catered lunch and dinner, gym subsidies and your choice of hardware
- Open PTO
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.