TubeScience is looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to join our growing team in Downtown LA!
Quick ‘about us’:
We’re a data-driven video startup based in LA that’s grown to become the largest producer of video ads on paid social in the 2.5 years since founding. Collectively, our videos account for about 5% of all paid video views on Facebook and Instagram in North America.
Our typical client spends 7-8 figures per month in the FB ecosystem, across a wide range of verticals, giving us unique visibility into what drives success at scale.
What's atypical about the company
- We're fast and data-driven: our teams develop concepts in the morning, shoot/edit in the afternoon, launch in the evening, and iterate the next day based on real-world performance.
- We’re a behavioral R&D lab at the core: We put 2,000+ video experiments per week, watched by tens of millions of people per day, that give us deep insights into how people make decisions. Over the past couple years, we’ve built an enormous library of IP around human behavior and visual communication.
- We work on a pure pay for performance basis. Zero production fees for video. Clients only pay us if our videos outperform anything they’re running internally.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced Data Engineer with a passion for building easy to use, scalable data infrastructure. You’re excited about building maintainable solutions in a fast moving product development environment, where features are rapidly prototyped and tested with users. You’re comfortable having a critical role on the TubeScience team as we produce tech solutions to support rapid business growth.
You will engineer solutions to support our data driven decisions. The work will vary. One day the work may involve automating a database script to generate a model that is needed for the warehouse (BigQuery/Postgres), while the next day it might be integrating with Facebook/Instagram/Snapchat/Youtube to update data, or writing SQL to answer complex business questions. You enjoy working with a modern data tech stack and are curious to leverage technology to inform business decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Data owners to understand the data needs, define, scope and plan new product features
- Build aggregates and rollups to enable Data Analysts to do deep dives into our wealth of proprietary data
- Be accountable for operational efficiency and be proactive in monitoring data pipelines
- Identify areas to improve architecture, application design and scalability in our existing data warehousing architecture, which is built with Fivetran, Postgres, ECS, and Python
- Make smart platform and engineering decisions based on data analysis and collaboration
- Design, build, deploy, manage new data models and complex ETL/ELT pipelines into production
- Manage and own our massively scaling datasets
- Ensure unit test coverage and promote code quality
- Research new tools and technologies applicable to new and existing use cases
- Some technologies we use that you should be comfortable with SQL, BigQuery, Python, Fivetran, ECS, SNS, SQS, Cloudwatch, Terraform, PostgreSQL, Bash
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline (or equivalent experience); and prior experience in software engineering or data.
- You’re comfortable working with ad data from Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, ad networks and affiliates
- Ability to communicate directly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Understanding the tradeoffs between structured vs unstructured data models
- Experience working with data warehouses, NoSQL and relational databases
- Great at writing SQL
- Experience with cloud infrastructures, specifically AWS
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of dimensional modeling techniques (e.g. relational vs. star)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) + Matching
- Fully Stocked Kitchens
- Company Paid Dinner & Lyft during late shifts
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Sick Leave
- Doctor House Call On-Demand
TubeScience is an equal opportunity employer and a dedicated home to diversity. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and we celebrate the lived experiences of all identities, with our applicants as well as our employees. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.