The Role: IT Support Engineer
We’re a data-driven video startup based in LA that’s grown to become the largest producer of video ads on paid social in the 3 years since founding. Collectively, our videos account for about 5% of all paid video views on Facebook and Instagram in North America -- up from 2% six months ago. We are fast and data-driven: our teams develop concepts in the morning, shoot/edit in the afternoon, launch in the evening, and iterate the next day based on real-world performance. We are a behavioral and visual lab at the core: We produce 2,000+ videos per week -- watched by over 100M people per day! Each of those videos is part of a structured experiment, designed to help us better understand how people make decisions, and how to visually communicate effectively!
TubeScience is looking for a talented IT Support Engineer who will manage and maintain technology services at our facilities in Downtown Los Angeles. The person in this role will partner directly with our tech team while acting as a point person with a diverse skill set supporting a number of critical areas such as technical build-outs, resolving support requests, and network as well as server management. Candidates must be passionate about technology, be committed to great customer service and enjoy a high-pressure environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain utmost discretion as confidential business information may be handled and seen on a regular basis that may not be shared or reproduced
- Troubleshoot and works with PC/ Apple Hardware, PC/ Apple Software
- Provide network & server troubleshooting
- House detailed records of equipment, hardware and configurations
- Plan and implement upgrades and maintenance of existing hardware as projected and approved
- Maintain in-house inventory including: Computers, laptops, mobile devices, hard drives, power strips, charges, storage cases, etc
- Provide internal support to all users on all software applications-to include routine training as well as troubleshooting and correcting software problems
- Stay current on all software and ensures upgrades are obtained and properly installed
- Display quality customer service to our users through problem resolution and process demonstration
- Educate users to reduce recurring issues by offering solutions to problems in a proactive way
- Write and maintain scripts and internal apps alongside the engineering team.
Who You Are:
- 3+ Years experience in related IT field. (combination of experience and education)
- Experience with instructional technology systems. Preferred Licenses or Certifications: A+, Network+ (nice but not necessary), and/or Apple/Mac & Windows certificates.
- Familiarity with the following programs and applications: Creative Cloud (specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop), Google Drive/Docs, Slack, and Davinci Resolve, is required.
- Experience supporting a user base of more than 150 people
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience
- Networking experience
- Experience working with SANs (specifically Quantum StorNext)
- AWS administration experience
- Programming / scripting experience (especially Python, .NET, HTML/CSS/JS, SQL )
- API integration experience
- Knowledge of Fortigate firewalls, Ruckus APs and switches
- Database Admin and/or DevOps experience a plus.
- Experience with Jira and Jira Service Desk
- Windows Server 2016/2019 experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) + Matching
- Fully Stocked Kitchens
- Company Paid Dinner & Lyft during late shifts
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Sick Leave
- Doctor House Call On-Demand
TubeScience is an equal opportunity employer and a dedicated home to diversity. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, and we celebrate the lived experiences of all identities, with our applicants as well as our employees. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.