The Role: IT Support Engineer
TubeScience is looking for a talented IT Support Engineer to join our thriving office in Downtown LA!
Quick ‘about us’:
We’re a data-driven video startup based in LA that’s grown to become the largest producer of video ads on paid social in the 3 years since founding. Collectively, our videos account for ~5% of all paid video views on Facebook and Instagram in North America -- up from 2% six months ago.
Our typical client spends 7-8 figures per month in the FB ecosystem, across a wide range of verticals, giving us unique visibility into what drives success at scale.
What's atypical about the company
- We're fast and data-driven: our teams develop concepts in the morning, shoot/edit in the afternoon, launch in the evening, and iterate the next day based on real-world performance.
- We’re a behavioral R&D lab at the core: We put 2,000+ video experiments per week, watched by tens of millions of people per day, that give us deep insights into how people make decisions. Over the past couple of years, we’ve built an enormous library of IP around human behavior and visual communication.
- We work on a pure pay for performance basis. Zero production fees for video. Clients only pay us if our videos outperform anything they’re running internally.
About The Role:
You are responsible for providing system and user support for operating system requirements which includes PC & Mac hardware/software support and new user setup and orientation. The IT Support Associate will provide extensive application software support and troubleshooting for a wide variety of software packages for user groups based on-site and remote users.
You will also help to maintain and expand the server and network infrastructure for a rapidly expanding user base. This includes ensuring that the performance of servers and the underlying network are sufficient, identifying & rectifying bottlenecks, and planning for future growth.
Who You Are:
You’re eager to teach, learn from, and collaborate with colleagues, but you’re also comfortable working autonomously, seeing projects through from start to finish. You possess strong problem solving skills, and are proficient in working cross-functionally. Your flexibility and adaptability enable you to operate well in a constantly changing environment. Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines come naturally to you. You are exemplary in staying calm under pressure, prioritizing competing requests, while consistently delivering excellent service. You constantly are looking to learn and are curious by nature. When there’s something you’re not familiar with, you tinker with it to better understand how it works. You’re always looking for what can be improved using your skills, you’re always striving to improve everything you can.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintains utmost discretion as confidential business information may be handled and seen on a regular basis that may not be shared or reproduced
- Maintains, Troubleshoots and works with PC/ Apple Hardware, PC/ Apple Software
- Provide network & server troubleshooting
- Maintains detailed records of equipment, hardware and configurations
- Plans and implements upgrades and maintenance of existing hardware as projected and approved
- Maintains in-house inventory including: Computers, laptops, mobile devices, hard drives, power strips, charges, storage cases, etc
- Provides internal support to all users on all software applications-to include routine training as well as troubleshooting and correcting software problems
- Stays current on all software and ensures upgrades are obtained and properly installed
- Provides quality customer service to our users through problem resolution and process demonstration
- Educates users to reduce recurring issues by offering solutions to problems in a proactive way
- Creates and maintains technical documentation
- Write and maintain scripts and internal apps alongside the engineering team.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3+ Years experience in related IT field. (combination of experience and education)
- Experience with instructional technology systems. Preferred Licenses or Certifications: A+, Network+ (nice but not necessary), and/or Apple/Mac & Windows certificates.
- Familiarity with the following programs and applications: Creative Cloud (specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop), Google Drive/Docs, Slack, and Davinci Resolve, is required.
- Experience supporting a user base of more than 150 people
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience
- Networking experience
- Experience working with SANs (specifically Quantum StorNext)
- AWS administration experience
- Programming / scripting experience (especially Python, .NET, HTML/CSS/JS, SQL )
- API integration experience
- Knowledge of Fortigate firewalls, Ruckus APs and switches
- Database Admin and/or DevOps experience a plus.
- Experience with Jira and Jira Service Desk
- Windows Server 2016/2019 experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) + Matching
- Casual Working Environment
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Occasional Work Lunches
- Company Paid Dinner & Lyft during late shifts
- Company SWAG
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Sick Leave
- Doctor House Call On-Demand
TubeScience is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.