The Role: Video Editor
TubeScience is looking for a talented Video Editor to join our thriving team in Downtown LA!
Quick ‘about us’:
We’re a data-driven video startup based in LA that’s grown to become the largest producer of video ads on paid social in the 3 years since founding. Collectively, our videos account for about 5% of all paid video views on Facebook and Instagram in North America -- up from 2% six months ago.
Our typical client spends 7-8 figures per month in the FB ecosystem, across a wide range of verticals, giving us unique visibility into what drives success at scale.
What's atypical about the company
- We're fast and data-driven: our teams develop concepts in the morning, shoot/edit in the afternoon, launch in the evening, and iterate the next day based on real-world performance.
- We’re a behavioral and visual lab at the core: We produce 2,000+ videos per week -- watched by over 100M people per day! Each of those videos is part of a structured experiment, designed to help us better understand how people make decisions, and how to visually communicate effectively.
- We work on a pure pay for performance basis. Zero production fees for video. Clients only pay us if our videos outperform anything they’re running internally.
Who You Are:
- You are curious and impact-driven. You’re always learning and improving.
- You are a team player, thrive in a collaborative environment, and a good communicator.
- You are a technical virtuoso: well-versed in editing, motion graphics, and design.
- You are proficient in visual communication, and understand how to consistently engage and retain viewers while factoring in information hierarchy.
- You are knowledgeable in current/trending visual styles in the broader social media space (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest).
- You are thoughtful about the creative choices you make, and understand how different platforms (eg IG Stories vs Facebook News Feed) require distinct creative approaches.
- You appreciate the value of organization in Premiere/After Effects, especially in a team environment.
- You are good at giving specific feedback, and equally open and eager to receive productive feedback
- You are creative, but also results-oriented: You know how to make beautiful and creative things, while prioritize what people actually want to watch in your work.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with teammates to create direct response videos for a wide range of clients
- Translate scripts and footage that are provided to you into well-executed videos
- Independently create original, well-executed videos, using available assets
- Comply with brand and legal guidelines
- Utilize our data and analytical tools to make improvements to existing videos
- Bring a positive, can-do attitude to the team
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects & Premiere (MoGRTS, Dynamic Link, Expressions, etc).
- 2+ years of experience in Broadcast Design and/or Title/Typography Design
- Must have experience working in a Mac environment
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience in TV Advertising, TV Promo is a plus
- Must provide a link to recent DEMO REEL
- Only candidates based in Los Angeles area should apply
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Flexible PTO
- Creative Working Environment
- 401(k) + Matching
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Occasional Work Lunches
- Company Paid Dinner & Lyft during late shifts
- Company SWAG
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Sick Leave
- Doctor House Call On-Demand
TubeScience is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We will consider for employment for all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.