The Role: Creative Strategist
TubeScience is looking for filmmakers/designers/scientists/engineers that want to be creative but enjoy the fast-paced and data-driven environment of the tech world.
Quick ‘about us’:
We’re a data-driven video startup based in LA that’s grown to become the largest producer of video ads on paid social in the 2.5 years since founding. Collectively, our videos account for ~5% of all paid video views on Facebook and Instagram in North America -- up from 2% six months ago.
Our typical client spends 7-8 figures per month in the FB ecosystem, across a wide range of verticals, giving us unique visibility into what drives success at scale.
What's atypical about the company
- We're fast and data-driven: our teams develop concepts in the morning, shoot/edit in the afternoon, launch in the evening, and iterate the next day based on real-world performance.
- We’re a behavioral R&D lab at the core: We put 2,000+ video experiments per week, watched by tens of millions of people per day, that give us deep insights into how people make decisions. Over the past couple years, we’ve built an enormous library of IP around human behavior and visual communication.
- We work on a pure pay for performance basis. Zero production fees for video. Clients only pay us if our videos outperform anything they’re running internally.
Who You Are:
As a full-time Creative Strategist, you will be managing a portfolio of videos across multiple brands. You’re an individual who takes ownership of your work and excels at execution. You possess a high level of curiosity and are excited to create and test your hypothesis in real time. You are an integrative thinker with strong visual and/or copy writing skills. Being thoughtful, humble and flexible come naturally to you.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead creative brainstorming sessions to develop and pitch new video ideas
- Write scripts that engage specific personas in an audience
- Construct short-term tests to obtain insights related to various ad variables
- Use relevant findings in performance data to help successfully execute long-term plans for improving account performance
- Collaborate with video editors to create coherent, effective, and attention-grabbing videos in alignment with account strategies
- Spearhead production (i.e. deciding necessary shots and directing talent) to obtain new creative assets for use in video ads
- Lead 1-3 client teams of editors and producers to execute video ideas
- Join a team of video/messaging/process innovators to develop new video formats
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- 1-5 years working in a sales or creatively driven role (i.e. Brand Management, Marketing Advertising, or Video Production)
- Minimum travel required
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Flexible PTO
- Creative Working Environment
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Occasional Work Lunches
- Company Paid Dinner & Lyft during late shifts
- Company SWAG
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Sick Leave
- Doctor House Call On-Demand
- 401(k) + Matching
TubeScience is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.