The Testing Consultancy (TTC) is a global specialist software testing company with a focus on helping organizations transform the way they deliver quality software. We have broad capabilities across a wide range of testing areas that enable our clients to increase the speed and quality of software development while reducing risk and cost.
Perks of working for TTC
- Competitive Base Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Work Life Balance
- Relaxed Work Environment
- Growth and Development Opportunities
The primary role of the Senior Software QA Manager is to consult with the customer on the design and implementation of comprehensive test activities that satisfy test objectives and ensure sustainable product quality throughout the SDLC. This position also serves to advise on all aspects of Quality Assurance (“QA”) including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met. The Senior Software QA Manager is expected to develop, plan, execute, and maintain test cases, scripts, plans and protocols for products under development. This role acts as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally. The Senior Software QA Manager will maintain excellent relationships with key customer stakeholders and manage their expectations.
- Assess and develop good understanding of customer’s manual and automated testing needs
- Maintain a hands-on involvement in test execution, test automation, and risk coverage analysis
- Review functional and non-functional requirements and specifications
- Build and support automated testing frameworks based on various technologies
- Complete user acceptance testing to validate the end to end business flow
- Participate in the deployment of enhancements, upgrades, and major implementations
- Produce test artifacts such as test strategy, test plan, test cases, and test metrics reports
- Identify opportunities for test process improvement opportunities; look for continuous improvement that delivers value for the external customer
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using best practices
- Lead, collaborate, and mentor QA team members; share domain knowledge with the rest of the team to continually expand the overall group capabilities
- Deliver good quality work internally and at a customer site and meet project deadlines
- Actively participate in project team meetings to offer insight on application issues discovered and present solutions to resolve, meet requirements and ensure desired quality
- Locate and propose business deals by contacting current and potential clients; identify potential engagements and contract requirements, contact lead opportunities
- Maintain excellent relationships with customer stakeholders and manage their expectations
- Collaborate effectively with C-level decision makers; develop long term strategic relationships
- Prepare and give business reviews and presentations to C-level team members
- Attend educational and client- based networking events, industry conferences, and trade shows
- Ability to travel moderately
- Additional duties as may be assigned by management
- Capable of executing and completing assigned projects within the time, scope, and budget negotiated with the client
- Skilled at evaluating existing processes and procedures and making recommendations for improvement; designing prototypes and proof of concepts that best fit client needs
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools and frameworks; Tosca preferred
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills from a business and systems perspective
- Highly self-motivated and directed leader
- Capable of effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to facilitate open discussion and construct debate
- Experience working in Agile and traditional development environments
- Experience in automated testing with one or more test automation tools and frameworks: Selenium, UFT, Tosca, Rational Robot, etc.
- Hands-on technical expertise in programming, development tools and methodologies and system protocols
- Understanding of database concepts and good knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with API testing (SOAP and/or REST)
- Experience in business requirements analysis and test case design using test case management tools: ALM, TFS, JIRA plug-ins, etc.
- Ability to document defects and track them to resolution using defect management tools: JIRA, Quality Center, TFS, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Software Development and/or Quality Assurance
If your experience or qualifications is similar to our ideal of a successful candidate, please consider applying. Experience comes in many ways; skills may be transferred, but passion for your career can't be substituted. At TTC, we understand the importance of diversity and how much value it brings to the table. Diversity brings about creativity and new perspectives, which is why we beckon everyone to apply.