The Testing Consultancy (TTC) is a global specialist software testing company with a focus on helping organizations transform the way they deliver quality software. We have broad capabilities across a wide range of testing areas that enable our clients to increase the speed and quality of software development while reducing risk and cost.
Perks of working for TTC
- Competitive Base Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Work Life Balance
- Relaxed Work Environment
- Growth and Development Opportunities
The primary purpose of the Senior QA Automation Engineer is to lead and deliver testing services to customers using industry standard and best practices to meet TTC customer requirements. This role will work collaboratively to build and establish the overall QA process. Responsibilities for this position also include mentoring QA personnel assigned to the teams on methods, strategies, frameworks, and other technical aspects. The Senior QA Automation Engineer may also assist in general application support of production applications and systems, managing relationships with business owners, software vendors, auditors, and other internal IT teams.
The ideal candidate will be technical and possess strong leadership skills, be diplomatic, motivational and influential. Additionally, to be successful in this role, this candidate must be proactive, strategic and capable of performing hands-on work as required.
- Consult with the customer on the design and implementation of comprehensive test activities that satisfy test objectives and ensure sustainable product quality throughout the SDLC
- Advise on all aspects of QA including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Develop, plan, execute, and maintain test cases, scripts, plans and protocols for products under development
- Participate in the deployment of enhancements, upgrades and major implementations
- Complete user acceptance testing to validate the end to end business flow
- Identify opportunities for test process improvement; look for continuous improvement that delivers value for the external customer
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using best practices
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally; maintain excellent relationships with key customer stakeholders and manage their expectations
- Work with project management to meet the testing milestones and deliver high-quality solutions on time
- Lead, collaborate, and mentor QA team members; share domain knowledge with the rest of the team to continually expand the overall group capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication; ability to communicate effectively to internal and external team members
- Leadership skills; ability to lead and mentor a team of QA Professionals
- Independence; ability to work with minimal supervision and to meet project timelines within given restrictions
- Experience with SDLC (software development lifecycle); including business planning, data analysis, process analysis and design, business and functional requirements analysis, use case analysis, applications/system design, development, testing, and implementation
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills to determine and recommend solutions that satisfy requirements
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, assess risk, reconcile conflicts, transform high-level information into more granular details, prioritize user requests based on the underlying true needs for the business and design solutions that meet existing business requirements
- Time Management and organization skills; executing and completing assigned projects within the time, scope, and budget negotiated with the customer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science
- 7+ years of experience in areas of Software Development and Quality Assurance
- 25%- 50% Travel may be required
If your experience or qualifications is similar to our ideal of a successful candidate, please consider applying. Experience comes in many ways; skills may be transferred, but passion for your career can't be substituted. At TTC, we understand the importance of diversity and how much value it brings to the table. Diversity brings about creativity and new perspectives, which is why we beckon everyone to apply.