The Testing Consultancy (TTC) is a global specialist software testing company with a focus on helping organizations transform the way they deliver quality software. We have broad capabilities across a wide range of testing areas that enable our clients to increase the speed and quality of software development while reducing risk and cost.
Perks of working for TTC
- Competitive Base Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Work Life Balance
- Relaxed Work Environment
- Growth and Development Opportunities
The primary purpose of the Software QA Test Lead is to lead and deliver testing services using industry standards and best practices to meet customer requirements. This role will work collaboratively to build and establish the overall QA process. Responsibilities for this position also include mentoring QA junior personnel assigned to the teams on methods, strategies, frameworks, and other technical aspects. The Software QA Test Lead may also assist in general application support of production applications and systems. A key part of this role is managing relationships with business owners, software vendors, auditors, and other internal IT teams.
- Assess and develop good understanding of customer’s manual and automated testing needs
- Maintain a hands-on involvement in test execution, test automation and risk coverage analysis
- Review functional and non-functional requirements and specifications
- Produce test Artifacts such as test Strategy, test Plan, test Cases and test Metrics reports
- Build and support automated testing frameworks based on various technologies
- Deliver good quality work internally and at a customer site and meeting project deadlines
- Maintain excellent relationships with key customer stakeholders and managing their expectations
- Actively participate in project team meetings to offer insight on application issues discovered and present solutions to resolve, meet requirements and ensure desired quality
- Ability to travel moderately
- Additional duties as may be assigned by management
- Capable of executing and completing assigned projects within the time, scope, and budget negotiated with the client
- Skilled at evaluating existing processes and procedures and making recommendations for improvement; designing prototypes and proof of concepts that best fit client needs
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools and frameworks; TOSCA preferred
- Extensive experience with SAP required
- Excellent communication and customer-facing skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills from both a business and systems perspective
- Highly self-motivated and directed leader
- Capable of effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Able to facilitate open discussion and construct debate
- Experience working in Agile and traditional development environments
- Experience in automated testing with one or more test automation tools and frameworks: Selenium, UFT, TOSCA, Rational Robot, etc.
- Hands-on technical expertise in programming, development tools and methodologies and system protocols
- Understanding of database concepts and good knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with API testing (SOAP and/or REST)
- Experience in business requirements analysis and test case design using Test Case management tools: ALM, TFS, JIRA plug-ins, etc.
- Ability to document defects and track them to resolution using defect management tools: JIRA, Quality Center, TFS, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Software Development and/or Quality Assurance
If your experience or qualifications is similar to our ideal of a successful candidate, please consider applying. Experience comes in many ways; skills may be transferred, but passion for your career can't be substituted. At TTC, we understand the importance of diversity and how much value it brings to the table. Diversity brings about creativity and new perspectives, which is why we beckon everyone to apply.