Who We Are
Swift Media Entertainment (SME) is the esports, video game, and creator-focused, parent company of TSM FTX, the premier championship esports organization, Blitz, the ultimate tool to drive gaming improvement, and ICON Agency, the premiere management organization focusing on the representation of top-tier digital streaming, gaming, and esports talent.
We are looking for a highly motivated VP, People who will be responsible for leading all people operations at Swift Media Entertainment and its subsidiary companies. The role will be responsible for cultivating a high-performance culture with effective hiring practices, clear paths for professional growth and high team engagement. The position reports to the CFO and will be based in our Playa Vista office.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead the development and execution of human resources strategies that align with and support the strategic direction of the organization
- Evaluate and optimize existing HR systems and processes and implement new systems and process that move the organization forward
- Roll out programs that foster a high-performance culture
- Level up our company-wide training and development resources and tools
- Implement performance management programs to identify and assess top talent and develop programs to improve performance across the board
- Catalyze greater collaboration within and between teams by improving communication, transparency and accountability
- Continually assess our employee programs and practices relative to industry comparables to ensure we remain highly competitive
- Develop and manage the talent acquisition function to support our growth for years to come
- Ensure a strong and diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve
- Manage our payroll function, including compliance and tax reporting
- Manage our facilities and IT functions as key elements of our overall employee experience
What It Takes To Be Successful
- Technology industry and startup experience required
- Gaming industry experience a plus
- 12+ years of relevant HR experience with progressive responsibilities
- 2+ years as the Head of People
- Broad experience in organizational design, performance management, talent acquisition, employee relations, compensation, learning and development
- Critical, forward thinker with a solid history of delivering high-quality results
- Strong executive presence and exceptional communication skills with the ability to sell a vision, develop a plan and execute
- Ability to drive operational excellence throughout the organization
- Strong understanding of how to support high growth companies
- Lead, mentor and level-up the People team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Grit, determination and an acute sense of urgency
- Collaborative and solution-oriented approach
Perks & Benefits
Competitive Market Pay, Unlimited Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Days & Holidays, 100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan, 401k, Wellness Activities, Happy Hours, Company Team Building Events.
Please note: We have a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees. All employees who will be onsite will need to be fully vaccinated. The mandate is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Swift Media Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.