If your creative, editorial, and networking abilities are expert-level, and you love to create new opportunities for yourself and your coworkers, this is the role for you. Do you have a solid understanding of the editorial decision-making process? Are you a resourceful problem-solver who can work well under pressure? Do you love to create content that resonates with people? Read on.
TSheets set up shop in a little-known tech hub of Eagle, Idaho in 2006. Now owned by Intuit, we are surrounded by rolling foothills and mountain slopes with the 25-mile Boise River greenbelt running through our backyard. The TSheets team lives, eats and breathes our core values, one of which is: Work really hard; play really hard. We are a dynamic, close-knit team with strong convictions. We also offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees including company-paid health benefits. You will be joining a fun, creative, experienced, and bright team, who are passionate about what we create.
As a TSheets by QuickBooks Content Marketer, you will be responsible for finding new audiences for TSheets by helping to create and distribute high-quality content. You will work with a fast-paced content marketing team to influence content strategy, identify audiences, build contact lists, nurture relationships, and conduct research. You will work closely with copywriters, designers, and other members of the TSheets marketing team to bring your ideas and campaigns to life. You will be an excellent, persuasive communicator — both verbally and in writing — who understands why editors choose to publish or reject content. Persuasive communication is key to success in this role, in addition to setting your own goals, tracking your performance, independently managing projects from start to finish, and improving processes and outcomes along the way. The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Building targeted, well-researched contact lists of editors, journalists, bloggers, etc.
- On a significant basis, pitching to editors, journalists, bloggers, etc.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with editors, journalists, bloggers, etc.
- Working with the content team to determine the primary objective for new content based on detailed research.
- Working with designers and copywriters to create high-quality web content.
- Identifying future content opportunities using relationships with editors, journalists, bloggers, etc, editorial calendars, mediagenic topics, and in-depth research into time tracking related topics.
- Writing persuasive pitches to send to editors, journalists, bloggers, etc.
- Using data to measure and learn from the effectiveness of your work on an ongoing basis.
- Using project management skills to ensure each project is delivered on time.
- Editorial expertise - A good instinct for what writers and editors are looking for when creating content for their readers.
- Excellent communication skills - The ability to write quickly and persuasively when working with complex source material.
- Sales mentality - An extroverted, optimistic personality with a determined, sales-oriented mindset who is not deterred by continual monitoring and measuring the quantity and quality of efforts.
- Project management skills – The ability to guide a project successfully from its inception through to a timely completion, involving a multi-disciplinary team of contributors.
- High level emotional intelligence skills - Love talking to people over the phone and connecting with prospects quickly to close deals.
- Grit - The desire to reach out to people directly and be able to handle rejection.
- Self-motivation - The ability to work without constant attention or affirmation and to proactively offer new ideas for content based on thorough research.
- Hustle - A clever and resourceful approach to facing challenges, overcoming barriers, improving processes and finding success in unique and innovative ways.
- Analytical - The ability to think about the goals, strategy, and performance at every stage of a project.
- Tech and web-savvy - Excellent web navigation skills. You should be able to use shortcuts to navigate websites, quickly assess potential opportunities, determine the value of websites, and be familiar with the tools necessary to conduct this type of web research.
- Charisma - Great networking skills (in person/phone and online) and organizational skills to effectively use a CRM.
- Goal oriented - unwavering passion to meet and exceed goals without compromising quality.
Brownie points awarded if you have the following experience:
- Working with a successful SaaS company.
- Understanding small business challenges and tech solutions.
- Leveraging content for business growth.
- Editing a website or publication.
- Media relations.
- Writing surveys.
- Statistical analysis skills.
- Marketing experience or qualifications.
If you’re an unshakable networker and online promoter who responds to each new challenge with, bring it on! We want to meet you!
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.