We're building the one-stop shop for creator finances.
Your favorite digital creators—the ones you follow every day on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Twitch—aren’t just extraordinarily talented personalities and community builders. They’re also businesses. That means they have business needs—managing revenues, expenses, savings, credit, banking. We’re building products that help creators spend less time worrying about finances so they can focus on creating.
So far we’ve succeeded at taking an early lead in our category thanks to a strong sales effort and unique brand initiatives. We’ve dabbled with lifecycle, demand gen, and growth—but we need a content marketer who can tie everything together and scale it.
As an early Marketing team member, the Content Marketing Lead will manage our Creatives and Social Media team and report directly to Eric Wei (Co-Founder). You will be responsible for creating a cohesive content marketing strategy that fuels brand awareness, boosts customer engagement/retention, produce leads, and ultimately drive growth.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to build up the Marketing org from its early stages and contribute to company growth.
What you'll do:
Grow the brand
- Produce compelling short-form content and scripts with an approachable, knowledgeable, conversational tone, as well as developing new and innovative content ideas around Creator finances.
- Reaching content deliverables, hitting goals of posting x number of content per day across social media platforms (Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, TikTok, etc.)
- Develop strategies to grow our market presence, increase brand awareness, and boost customer engagement and retention.
- Ability to be camera-facing in Karat content a huge plus!
- Utilizing storytelling and insights from the community to craft and iterate our brand story and build top-of-funnel lead generation in partnership with the sales team.
- Unlock ways to tell the story broadly, aligning all marketing activities, products, and services around the narrative.
- Lead all Karat event functions with support from the Creative team.
- Partner with the Scriptwriting and Creative team, producing content and posting across all social media platforms.
- Partner with Data team to drive data informed decisions on future content.
Build a team
- Lead an effective team - attracting, growing, and retaining top talent.
- Use a mix of team members, outside services, and automation to achieve goals.
- Reinforce a culture of curiosity, creativity, risk-taking, and ownership.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of content/brand/influencer marketing experience (in b2c, SEO, organic strategies).
- 2+ years management experience - leading & developing a high performing team.
- Extensive experience in curating and executing short-form content ideally on Instagram and TikTok.
- Excellent writing and editing skills and an expert in creating language, and content strategy.
- A grammar expert who can adapt to different tones and styles of writing and learn from audience reaction to scripts.
- Understanding of social platforms and retention tactics (eg. Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, TikTok, etc.)
- Strong event planning or event coordinating experience.
- Expert in creating and executing multi-touch, multi-channel marketing programs that leverage inbound and outbound tactics.
- Ability to navigate a fast-changing environment and build things from the ground up.
- Based in Los Angeles (strong preference), San Francisco, or New York City - we’re a remote team, but creators concentrate on the coasts.
The salary range for this role is between $110,000-$150,000k annually.
- Huge opportunity. The creator economy is booming and is currently valued at $250 billion despite zero infrastructure for creator banking. It’s our race to lose.
- Fascinating problems. We reduce financial risk so creators can take creative risks. The work you do in building a creator bank quite literally impacts contemporary culture.
- The right team. We’ve worked at the largest investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley), investment managers (Blackstone, TPG), and social networks (Instagram). We started this company to leverage our experiences to help creators.
- Culture. We love hanging out with board games, delicious dinners, and brisk hikes as much as we enjoy delving into personal philosophy, management theory, and nitty gritty business details. Don't be afraid to bring yourself to work!
- Resources and growth. We’re well capitalized from top investors like Signal Fire and Union Square Ventures; CEOs from YouTube, Twitter, Wealthfront, and CAA; and investors including Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin, Y Combinator, CRV, and Coatue. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join. You’ll learn a lot, build foundational products, and grow as our company scales.
Exciting benefits & perks that we offer:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- Remote (within the US) and flexible work culture
- Unlimited PTO and sick
- Generous equity
- 401(k) plan with 100% match for the first 3%, then 50% match for the following 2%
- Monthly stipends for: health & wellness, learning & development, meals, co-working space, and home office set up - totaling up to $5,400 annually
- Meet with and build for your favorite creators
- We just raised Series B!
- Check out our culture and what we're building
- Learn more about Karat's partnership with Visa and our Founders!