We're building a bank for creators.
Your favorite digital creators—the ones you follow every day on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Twitch—aren’t just extraordinarily talented personalities and community builders. They’re also businesses. That means they have business needs—managing revenues, expenses, savings, credit, banking. We’re building products that help creators spend less time worrying about finances so they can focus on creating.
Our Risk team is looking for a Compliance Lead to manage and execute our mission critical regulatory compliance functions. We want an individual who has the ambition and experience to grow with Karat.
Life as a Compliance Lead at Karat:
- Serve as the company’s Compliance subject matter expert and act as a resource and leader as we continue to grow and expand our product offering
- Take Compliance programs from 0 to 1: from researching the regulatory landscape, to scoping requirements and building out tools and processes with our Engineering, Risk, Operations, and Growth teams
- Responsible for standing up and maintaining all aspects of the Compliance Management System and passing sponsor bank compliance audits and reviews.
- Develop internal resources and conduct trainings on Compliance policies and regulatory issues
- Act as the lead and point of contact for all external-facing Compliance matters and regulatory bodies
- Own risk assessments and develop processes for ongoing testing and monitoring
- Build out a team to support ongoing Compliance work and scaling
What You'll Need:
- 6+ years experience in a legal or compliance function dealing directly with lending, payments, banking, and data privacy regulations and best practices: OFAC, BSA/AML, CCPA/CPRA, FCRA, TILA, ECOA, UDAAP
- Previous experience in a Fintech compliance role strongly preferred
- Experience building card lending and servicing compliance programs is a plus
- Bonus points for: experience at an early-stage startup and a JD degree
- A history of building new compliance policies and programs from scratch
- Ability to autonomously goal set, learn quickly, and work with an innate sense of ownership
- Strong user empathy and a natural sense for what makes a great product experience
- Demonstrated background collaborating with a variety of cross-functional teams
- Huge opportunity. The creator economy just flew past a $50b milestone despite zero infra for creator banking. It’s our race to lose.
- Fascinating problems. We reduce financial risk so creators can take creative risks. The work you do in building a creator bank quite literally impacts contemporary culture.
- The right team. We’ve worked at the largest investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley), investment managers (Blackstone, TPG), and social networks (Instagram). We started this company to leverage our experiences to help creators.
- Culture. We love hanging out with board games, delicious dinners, and brisk hikes as much as we enjoy delving into personal philosophy, management theory, and nitty gritty business details. Don't be afraid to bring yourself to work!
- Resources and growth. We’re well capitalized from top investors like Signal Fire and Union Square Ventures; CEOs from YouTube, Twitter, Wealthfront, and CAA; and investors including Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin, Y Combinator, CRV, and Coatue. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join. You’ll learn a lot, build foundational products, and grow as our company scales.
- Flexible and remote work culture
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k (or CPP for Canucks)
- Home office and/or co-working allowance
- Health and wellness budget
- Your very own Karat card
- Meet with and build for your favorite creators
We’re a distributed team. This is a full-time role open to anyone in North American time zones.