Truveta is the world’s first health provider led data platform with a vision of Saving Lives with Data. Our mission is to enable researchers to find cures faster, empower every clinician to be an expert, and help families make the most informed decisions about their care. Achieving Truveta’ s ambitious vision requires an incredible team of talented and inspired people with a special combination of health, software and big data experience who share our company values.
Truveta was born in the Pacific Northwest, but we have employees who live across the country. Our team enjoys the flexibility of a hybrid model and working from anywhere. In person attendance is required for two weeks during the year for Truveta Planning Weeks.
For overall team productivity, we optimize meeting hours in the pacific time zone. We avoid scheduling recurring meetings that start after 3pm PT, however, ad hoc meetings occur between 8am-6pm Pacific time.
Who We Need
Truveta is rapidly building a talented and diverse team to tackle complex health and technical challenges. Beyond core capabilities, we are seeking problem solvers, passionate and collaborative teammates, and those willing to roll up their sleeves while making a difference. If you are interested in the opportunity to pursue purposeful work, join a mission-driven team, and build a rewarding career while having fun, Truveta may be the perfect fit for you.
We are building a trove of quality healthcare data suitable for medical research and advancing health knowledge. This is an exciting and enormously challenging endeavor where rigorous scientific practice must be blended with robust cloud engineering technology and ease of use. This is a Software Engineering position in the team that builds the customer facing analytics platform, which includes data and knowledge APIs, SDKs, Notebook based development environment, cluster compute for large scale analyses, and capabilities for incorporating machine learning and ML-generated insights.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, codes, and implements APIs to build reliable and scalable SDKs
- Has experience with ML model development
- Is a quick learner and clear communicator
- Provides guidance to technical and non-technical users effectively and efficiently
- Identifies potential process improvement areas and suggests enhancements
- Bachelor's in computer engineering, Data Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics or Applied Math.
- 2+ years' experience and strong programming skills in Python, R, SQL, and Spark
- Familiarity with crafting modular APIs
- Experience with design, development, and documentation of REST APIs
- Experience with Azure Synapse or Databricks is a definite plus
Be a part of building something special. Now is the perfect time to join Truveta. We have strong, established leadership with decades of success. We are well funded. We are building a culture that prioritizes people and their passions across personal, professional and everything in between. Join us as we build an amazing company together.
- Interesting and meaningful work for every career stage
- Great benefits package
- Comprehensive benefits with strong medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401K plan
- Professional development & training opportunities for continuous learning
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave
- Regular team activities (virtual and in-person as soon as we are able)
- The base pay for this position is $90,000 to $173,500. The pay range reflects the minimum and maximum target. Pay is based on several factors including location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles are eligible for additional compensation such as incentive pay and stock options.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Truveta is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that having employees, interns, and contractors with diverse backgrounds enables Truveta to better meet our mission and serve patients and health communities around the world. We recognize that opportunities in technology historically excluded and continue to disproportionately exclude Black and Indigenous people, people of color, people from working class backgrounds, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people. We strongly encourage individuals with these identities to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements.