Senior Software Engineer - Platform Engineering
Truveta is the world’s first health provider led data platform with a vision of Saving Lives with Data. Our mission is to enable researchers to find cures faster, empower every clinician to be an expert, and help families make the most informed decisions about their care. Achieving Truveta’ s ambitious vision requires an incredible team of talented and inspired people with a special combination of health, software and big data experience who share our company values.
Truveta was born in the Pacific Northwest, but we have employees who live across the country. Our team enjoys the flexibility of a hybrid model and working from anywhere. In person attendance is required for two weeks during the year for Truveta Planning Weeks.
For overall team productivity, we optimize meeting hours in the pacific time zone. We avoid scheduling recurring meetings that start after 3pm PT, however, ad hoc meetings occur between 8am-6pm Pacific time.
Who We Need
Truveta is rapidly building a talented and diverse team to tackle complex health and technical challenges. We are seeking candidates inspired by the opportunity to securely apply data in the development of real-world health solutions. Beyond core capabilities, we seek problem solvers, passionate and collaborative teammates, and those willing to roll up their sleeves while making a difference. We do things the right way. Our commitment to security and compliance assurance cannot be stressed enough. This position is critical to ensuring we are successful.
If you are interested in the opportunity to pursue purposeful work, join a mission-driven team, and build a rewarding career while having fun, Truveta may be the perfect fit for you.
Truveta is building the leading platform for medical research on one of the largest and most comprehensive clinical data sets in the country. This requires a sophisticated, trustworthy cloud platform capable of executing a variety of computational workloads. You will help us build a self-service platform that allows engineers to build and operate high quality services with the least work. The platform should cover all aspects of service delivery – environment setup, deployment, workflows, monitoring and anything else they need to run their applications.
More aspects of what the work involves:
- Cloud native compute infrastructure on top of Azure
- Hosting of interactive and batch applications
- Orchestration engine for writing reliable distributed software
- Unified observability stack including central log analytics, metrics, dashboard, monitoring
- Canary service that provides a continuous testing infrastructure
- Private connectivity and service discovery mechanism
- Fully automated build and safe deploy pipelines
- API gateway for serving public services
- Mechanisms for failover and zero-downtime upgrades
Truveta is a fast-growing company with evolving needs for scaling, security and robustness of our software. You will not be buried under mountains of legacy but can instead work with modern software design approaches.
Successful engineers in this position will enjoy helping their teammates be more productive, while building safe and robust software.
- 4+ years of experience developing production quality software in a team setting
- 2+ years of experience developing modern cloud-native platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP, OCI)
- Experience in C#, Java, Python, or a similar high-level language
- Prior experience in containers, Kubernetes
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark and/or Hadoop is a plus
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field is required
Be a part of building something special. Now is the perfect time to join Truveta. We have strong, established leadership with decades of success. We are well-funded. We are building a culture that prioritizes people and their passions across personal, professional and everything in between. Join us as we build an amazing company together.
- Interesting and meaningful work for every career stage
- Great benefits package
- Comprehensive benefits with strong medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401K plan
- Professional development & training opportunities for continuous learning
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave
- Regular team activities (virtual and in-person as soon as we are able)
- The base pay for this position is $148,00 to $227,500. The pay range reflects the minimum and maximum target. Pay is based on several factors including location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles are eligible for additional compensation such as incentive pay and stock options.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Truveta is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that having employees, interns, and contractors with diverse backgrounds enables Truveta to better meet our mission and serve patients and health communities around the world. We recognize that opportunities in technology historically excluded and continue to disproportionately exclude Black and Indigenous people, people of color, people from working class backgrounds, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people. We strongly encourage individuals with these identities to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements.