Director Life Science Business Development
Truveta was formed and governed by US health systems with a shared vision of saving lives with data. Truveta now offers the world’s first health data and analytics solution to study patient care and outcomes. Our mission is to enable researchers to find cures faster, empower every clinician to be an expert, and help families make the most informed decisions about their care. Achieving Truveta’ s ambitious mission requires an incredible team of talented and inspired people with a special combination of health, software and big data experience who share our company values.
Truveta was born in the Pacific Northwest, but we have employees who live across the country. Our team enjoys the flexibility of a hybrid model and working from anywhere. In person attendance is required for two weeks during the year for Truveta Planning Weeks.
For overall team productivity, we optimize meeting hours in the pacific time zone. We avoid scheduling recurring meetings that start after 3pm PT, however, ad hoc meetings occur between 8am-6pm Pacific time.
Who We Need
Truveta is rapidly building a talented and diverse team to tackle complex health and technical challenges. Beyond core capabilities, we are seeking problem solvers, passionate and collaborative teammates, and those willing to roll up their sleeves while making a difference. If you are interested in the opportunity to pursue purposeful work, join a mission-driven team, and build a rewarding career while having fun, Truveta may be the perfect fit for you.
The Director of Life Science Business Development will report to our Chief Medical Officer. You will grow Truveta’s Life Science partner base, guide product directionality through effective Voice of the Customer strategies and navigate co-sell opportunities with channel partners.
Responsibilities will include:
- Scale Truveta's Life Sciences partner base
- Demonstrate Truveta’s value proposition and a deep understanding of Real-World Data to customers
- Collaborate closely with our Life Science partners to identify their unmet needs
- Lead strategy to develop long term, enterprise-wide partnerships with our biopharma partners, as well as other strategic collaborators
- Execute business development strategies and manage all aspects of deal execution and negotiations against on-target-earnings goals
- Use your robust network to guide deals and keep a pulse on market trends
- 5+ years' experience in Life Sciences Real World Data and analytics business development
- Previous track-record as a BD leader at an RWD company selling to life sciences, including relevant RWD expertise and contacts
- Experience with navigating complex Life Science or HealthTech organizations to identify key stakeholders and traversing complicated and extensive enterprise-wide sales cycles
- Experience with enterprise level RWD Life Sciences data strategies, RWD operating mechanisms (Centers of Excellence) within the Enterprise, and enterprise-level RWD informatics platform investments.
- Ability to lead comprehensive selling processes at various levels within the Life Sciences enterprise including: C-suite level, business leader unit level, and with IT and Procurement organizations
- Demonstrated experience with matrixed management of cross-functional teams in start-up environments
- Experience with conveying the Voice of the Customer to internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate exceptional written and communication skills and experience developing external relationships
Be a part of building something special. Now is the perfect time to join Truveta. We have strong, established leadership with decades of success. We are well-funded. We are building a culture that prioritizes people and their passions across personal, professional and everything in between. Join us as we build an amazing company together.
- Interesting and meaningful work for every career stage
- Great benefits package
- Comprehensive benefits with strong medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401K plan
- Professional development & training opportunities for continuous learning
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave
- Regular team activities (virtual and in-person as soon as we are able)
- The base pay for this position is $135,000 to $246,000. The pay range reflects the minimum and maximum target. Pay is based on several factors including location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles are eligible for additional compensation such as incentive pay and stock options.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Truveta is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that having employees, interns, and contractors with diverse backgrounds enables Truveta to better meet our mission and serve patients and health communities around the world. We recognize that opportunities in technology historically excluded and continue to disproportionately exclude Black and Indigenous people, people of color, people from working class backgrounds, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people. We strongly encourage individuals with these identities to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements.