Senior Software Engineer - Knowledge Graph
Truveta is the world’s first health provider led data platform with a vision of Saving Lives with Data. Our mission is to enable researchers to find cures faster, empower every clinician to be an expert, and help families make the most informed decisions about their care. Achieving Truveta’ s ambitious vision requires an incredible team of talented and inspired people with a special combination of health, software and big data experience who share our company values.
Our headquarters are in the greater Seattle area but we celebrate and embrace a remote culture. In person attendance is required for two weeks of the year during Truveta planning weeks.
Who We Need
Truveta is rapidly building a talented and diverse team to tackle complex health and technical challenges. We are seeking candidates inspired by the opportunity to apply data in the development of real-world health solutions. Beyond core capabilities, we are seeking problem solvers, passionate and collaborative teammates, and those willing to roll up their sleeves while making a difference.
If you are interested in the opportunity to pursue purposeful work, join a mission-driven team, and build a rewarding career while having fun, Truveta may be the perfect fit for you.
Are you excited by the idea of solving challenging knowledge graph problems across big data sets? Do you enjoy designing and building new systems from the ground-up? Are you passionate about creating designs that are efficient, scalable and maintainable?
We’re looking for experienced software engineers to help us build our graph infrastructure. It’s a chance to build an entirely new data platform and deliver a critical part of the Truveta vision. If you are seeking a sense of purpose in your software job and are motivated by solving computing problems that can have a direct impact on people’s lives, then we have opportunities for you in an exciting startup environment.
We’re seeking engineers who:
- Have proven experience in building an industrial scale knowledge graph
- Have experience in building graph-based ontology from scratch and working with structured and unstructured data
- Strong scripting and programming skills in Python and CYPHER query language are required
- Experience supporting ML models development on big data infrastructure (on knowledge graph would be a bonus)
- Are quick learners and can demonstrate the ability trade-off optimization, complexity and time to ship
- Has knowledge and experience in using and designing distributed systems, data pipelines, APIs and consumption experiences
- Strict adherence to Truveta principles in support of ethical innovation
- Willingness to commit to ongoing training on key topics like privacy, ethics, and security
- 5+ years of experience building production quality software in a team setting
- 3+ years of experience working on large scale search systems
- Familiarity with Big data systems such as Spark, and Scala
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
Be a part of building something special. Now is the perfect time to join Truveta. We have strong, established leadership with decades of success. We are well-funded. We are building a culture that prioritizes people and their passions across personal, professional and everything in between. Join us as we build an amazing company together.
- Interesting and meaningful work for every career stage
- Great benefits package
- Comprehensive benefits with strong medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401K plan
- Professional development & training opportunities for continuous learning
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave
- Regular team activities (virtual and in-person as soon as we are able)
- The base pay for this position is $148,00 to $227,500. The pay range reflects the minimum and maximum target. Pay is based on several factors including location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles are eligible for additional compensation such as incentive pay and stock options.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Truveta is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that having employees, interns, and contractors with diverse backgrounds enables Truveta to better meet our mission and serve patients and health communities around the world. We recognize that opportunities in technology historically excluded and continue to disproportionately exclude Black and Indigenous people, people of color, people from working class backgrounds, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people. We strongly encourage individuals with these identities to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements.