Senior Bioinformatics Software Engineer - Genomics
Truveta is the world’s first health provider led data platform with a vision of Saving Lives with Data. Our mission is to enable researchers to find cures faster, empower every clinician to be an expert, and help families make the most informed decisions about their care. Achieving Truveta’ s ambitious vision requires an incredible team of talented and inspired people with a special combination of health, software and big data experience who share our company values.
Our headquarters are in the greater Seattle area but we celebrate and embrace a remote culture. In person attendance is required for two weeks of the year during Truveta planning weeks.
Who We Need
Truveta is rapidly building a talented and diverse team to tackle complex health and technical challenges. Beyond core capabilities, we are seeking problem solvers, passionate and collaborative teammates, and those willing to roll up their sleeves while making a difference. If you are interested in the opportunity to pursue purposeful work, join a mission-driven team, and build a rewarding career while having fun, Truveta may be the perfect fit for you.
Patients, Doctors and medical researchers deserve to benefit from large scale technological innovations and digital intelligence that have driven progress in office productivity, entertainment and social networking. We are looking for software engineers excited by the opportunity to improve health care in far-reaching ways.
In this position, you will be building genomics data analysis solutions to process high-volume patient genomic data enabling clinical multimodal data research. If you are seeking a sense of purpose in your career and are motivated by solving computational and scientific problems that can have a direct impact on people’s lives, then we have opportunities for you in an exciting startup environment.
We are seeking genomics software engineers who:
- Have proven experience building reliable, secure and scalable genomics data analysis solutions using modern cloud-based paradigms
- Have experience optimizing accuracy, turn-around-time and computing cost of genomics secondary analysis solutions
- Have hands-on experience working with public/proprietary genomic databases such as ClinVar, gnomAD, HGMD and COSMIC
- Have knowledge and experience in using and designing distributed systems, data pipelines, and APIs Can guide workstreams, mentor and inspire junior developers and cultivate a positive work environment
- Will adhere to Truveta principles in support of ethical innovation
- Willingness to commit to ongoing training on key topics like privacy, ethics, and security
- 5+ years of bioinformatics/engineering experience in an industry setting; experience working as part of distributed teams is a plus
- Understanding of NGS technology and molecular biology
- Proficiency of NGS data analysis tools and techniques (e.g. aligners, variant callers)
- Familiarity with modern genomics workflow management systems (e.g. Cromwell, Nextflow, Snakemake)
- Experience building cloud services or data programming languages like Java, Python, or C#
- 2+ years of experience working on modern cloud-native platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- M.S. or Ph.D in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science or related field
- Prior work with Big Data technologies and statistics is a plus
Be a part of building something special. Now is the perfect time to join Truveta. We have strong, established leadership with decades of success. We are well-funded. We are building a culture that prioritizes people and their passions across personal, professional, and everything in between. Join us as we build an amazing company together.
- Interesting and meaningful work for every career stage
- Great benefits package
- Comprehensive benefits with strong medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401K plan
- Professional development & training opportunities for continuous learning
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave
- Regular team activities (virtual and in-person as soon as we are able)
- The base pay for this position is $148,00 to $227,500. The pay range reflects the minimum and maximum target. Pay is based on several factors including location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles are eligible for additional compensation such as incentive pay and stock options.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Truveta is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that having employees, interns, and contractors with diverse backgrounds enables Truveta to better meet our mission and serve patients and health communities around the world. We recognize that opportunities in technology historically excluded and continue to disproportionately exclude Black and Indigenous people, people of color, people from working class backgrounds, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people. We strongly encourage individuals with these identities to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements.