Senior Software Engineer - Big Data Pipeline
Truveta is the world’s first health provider led data platform with a vision of Saving Lives with Data. Our mission is to enable researchers to find cures faster, empower every clinician to be an expert, and help families make the most informed decisions about their care. Achieving Truveta’ s ambitious vision requires an incredible team of talented and inspired people with a special combination of health, software and big data experience who share our company values.
Our headquarters are in the greater Seattle area but we celebrate and embrace a remote culture. In person attendance is required for two weeks of the year during Truveta planning weeks.
Who We Need
Truveta is rapidly building a talented and diverse team to tackle complex health and technical challenges. Beyond core capabilities, we are seeking problem solvers, passionate and collaborative teammates, and those willing to roll up their sleeves while making a difference. If you are interested in the opportunity to pursue purposeful work, join a mission-driven team, and build a rewarding career while having fun, Truveta may be the perfect fit for you.
If you are seeking a sense of purpose in your software job and are motivated by solving computing problems that can have a direct impact on people’s lives, then we have opportunities for you in an exciting startup environment.
- Leverage software engineering skills to build and deliver reliable, secure and scalable software solutions using modern cloud-based paradigms across different components in Truveta.
- Collaborate closely with partner teams inside & outside of Truveta.
- Show creativity and curiosity to build integration proof of concepts across the Truveta and partner ecosystems.
- Bring your curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and passion to deliver on the promise of technology in the difficult, competitive, and exciting industry of healthcare.
We are seeking software engineers with:
- Proven experience building reliable, secure and scalable software solutions using modern cloud-based paradigms.
- Strong distributed systems design and development experiences using spark engine.
- Strong provisioning/network cloud base knowledge (Azure expertise preferred).
- Experience building scalable systems and integrating with microservices.
- Familiarity with SaaS ecosystem.
- Knowledge about language and interpreter design and implementation.
- Experience with Lexers, Parsers and (AST) Abstract Syntax Trees.
- Ability to learn quickly, knowing how to iterate and evolve a distributed software solution while carefully balancing the needs of privacy, security and reliability against a changing product landscape.
- Knowledge and experience in using and designing distributed systems, data pipelines, APIs and consumption experience.
- Ability to guide workstreams, mentor and inspire junior developers and cultivate a positive work environment.
- Strict adherence to Truveta principles in support of ethical innovation.
- Willingness to commit to ongoing training on key topics like privacy, ethics, and security.
- 5+ years of experience building production quality software in a team setting.
- 2+ years of experience building distributed system
- 2+ years of experience working on modern cloud-native platforms and languages (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Some familiarity with crafting modular APIs and building engaging and intuitive web experiences.
- Familiarity with Big Data platforms such as Databricks
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- Prior work with Azure ADF, Function App, Kubernetes is a plus.
- DevOps experience is a plus
Be a part of building something special. Now is the perfect time to join Truveta. We have strong, established leadership with decades of success. We are well-funded. We are building a culture that prioritizes people and their passions across personal, professional, and everything in between. Join us as we build an amazing company together.
- Interesting and meaningful work for every career stage
- Great benefits package
- Comprehensive benefits with strong medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401K plan
- Professional development & training opportunities for continuous learning
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave
- Regular team activities (virtual and in-person as soon as we are able)
- The base pay for this position is $148,00 to $227,500. The pay range reflects the minimum and maximum target. Pay is based on several factors including location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles are eligible for additional compensation such as incentive pay and stock options.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Truveta is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that having employees, interns, and contractors with diverse backgrounds enables Truveta to better meet our mission and serve patients and health communities around the world. We recognize that opportunities in technology historically excluded and continue to disproportionately exclude Black and Indigenous people, people of color, people from working class backgrounds, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people. We strongly encourage individuals with these identities to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements.