Senior Software Engineer-Data De-Identification
Truveta is the world’s first health provider led data platform with a vision of Saving Lives with Data. Our mission is to enable researchers to find cures faster, empower every clinician to be an expert, and help families make the most informed decisions about their care. Achieving Truveta’ s ambitious vision requires an incredible team of talented and inspired people with a special combination of health, software and big data experience who share our company values.
Our headquarters are in the greater Seattle area but we celebrate and embrace a remote culture.
Who We Need
Truveta is rapidly building a talented and diverse team to tackle complex health and technical challenges. Beyond core capabilities, we are seeking problem solvers, passionate and collaborative teammates, and those willing to roll up their sleeves while making a difference. If you are interested in the opportunity to pursue purposeful work, join a mission-driven team, and build a rewarding career while having fun, Truveta may be the perfect fit for you.
Patients, Doctors and medical researchers deserve to benefit from large scale technological innovations and digital intelligence that have driven progress in office productivity, entertainment and social networking. We are looking for software engineers excited by the opportunity to improve health care in far-reaching ways.
In this position, you will be building solutions to process health data to preserve patient privacy while maximizing data utility. This opportunity requires creative problem solving within the guidelines permitted by law as well as implementing and supporting systems capable of de-identifying health data at an unprecedented scale.
We are seeking backend engineers who:
- Have proven experience building reliable, secure and scalable software solutions using modern cloud-based paradigms
- Quick learners, who knows how to iterate and evolve a distributed software solution while carefully balancing the needs of privacy, security and reliability against a changing product landscape
- Have knowledge and experience in using and designing distributed systems, data pipelines, and APIs
- Can guide workstreams, mentor and inspire junior developers and cultivate a positive work environment
- Will adhere to Truveta principles in support of ethical innovation
- Willingness to commit to ongoing training on key topics like privacy, ethics, and security
- 5+ years of experience building production quality software in a team setting; experience working as part of distributed teams is a plus
- Experience building cloud services or data programming languages like Java, Python, or C#
- Building and supporting Kubernetes-hosted services across multiple-tenants.
- 2+ years of experience working on modern cloud-native platforms(AWS, GCP, Azure); InfOps or DevOps experience a plus
- BS. or MS. in Computer Science or related field
- Prior work with Big Data technologies and statistics is a plus
Be a part of building something special. Now is the perfect time to join Truveta. We have strong, established leadership with decades of success. We are well-funded. We are building a culture that prioritizes people and their passions across personal, professional, and everything in between. Join us as we build an amazing company together.
- Interesting and meaningful work for every career stage
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits with strong medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401K plan
- Professional development & training opportunities for continuous learning
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave
- Regular team activities (virtual and in-person as soon as we are able)
Truveta is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that having employees, interns, and contractors with diverse backgrounds enables Truveta to better meet our mission and serve patients and health communities around the world. We recognize that opportunities in technology historically excluded and continue to disproportionately exclude Black and Indigenous people, people of color, people from working class backgrounds, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people. We strongly encourage individuals with these identities to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements.