Senior Software Engineer - MLOps
Truveta is the world’s first health provider led data platform with a vision of Saving Lives with Data. Our mission is to enable researchers to find cures faster, empower every clinician to be an expert, and help families make the most informed decisions about their care. Achieving Truveta’ s ambitious vision requires an incredible team of talented and inspired people with a special combination of health, software and big data experience who share our company values. Our headquarters are in the greater Seattle area but we celebrate and embrace a remote culture.
Who We Need
Truveta is rapidly building a talented and diverse team to tackle complex health and technical challenges. Beyond core capabilities, we are seeking problem solvers, passionate and collaborative teammates, and those willing to roll up their sleeves while making a difference. If you are interested in the opportunity to pursue purposeful work, join a mission-driven team, and build a rewarding career while having fun, Truveta may be the perfect fit for you.
Truveta is building the leading platform for medical research on one of the largest and most comprehensive clinical data sets in the country. Applying machine learning solutions effectively over heterogenous, untidy data is necessary for significant advances in the field. You will have the opportunity to put the cutting-edge machine learning algorithms devised by our AI research team to work in production scenarios involving terabytes of medical data – doctor’s notes, images, genomics and more.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Partner closely with the AI Research team in understanding the requirements of model training and model hosting in secured, private environments
- Create ML infrastructure building blocks that work on top of the base cloud foundation comprising Kubernetes, microservices, Blob storage, Data Lake services, caching, network links
- Design access-controlled containerized environments for hosting models and interfacing with the data sources and destinations with telemetry
- Provision the right resources for the ML tasks – including GPU-assisted nodes.
- Optimize execution performance of critical ML components to reduce memory and CPU consumption and increase throughput
The ability to collaborate and communicate across disciplines and teams is important to be successful in this role. Your impact and learning opportunities will expand as Truveta processes more complex data types such as images and genomics and exposes ML model capabilities directly to the customer.
- 6+ years of software development experience with at least 2 years focused on developing data processing pipelines, ML, and experimentation
- 2+ years cloud native experience, AWS/Azure/GCP/OCI; knowledge of containerization and Kubernetes strongly preferred
- Expert in Python
- Expert in ML workflow and challenges, including model creation, management, deployment, measurement, and experimentation
- Experience with cloud-native ML approaches. Experience using AWS SageMaker, AzureML, Kubeflow, MLflow strongly preferred
Be a part of building something special. Now is the perfect time to join Truveta. We have strong, established leadership with decades of success. We are well-funded. We are building a culture that prioritizes people and their passions across personal, professional and everything in between. Join us as we build an amazing company together.
- Interesting and meaningful work for every career stage
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits with strong medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401K plan
- Professional development for continuous learning
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave
- Regular team activities (virtual and in-person as soon as we are able)
Truveta is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that having employees, interns, and contractors with diverse backgrounds enables Truveta to better meet our mission and serve patients and health communities around the world. We recognize that opportunities in technology historically excluded and continue to disproportionately exclude Black and Indigenous people, people of color, people from working class backgrounds, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people. We strongly encourage individuals with these identities to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements.