WHAT WE'RE WORKING ON
TruStory is a social network that enables productive debate. To make progress on any issue, we need to learn from different perspectives, find common ground, and have the humility to change our minds. Our mission is to make the Internet more open-minded by incentivizing people to hear all sides of a debate.
Join us at trustory.io
We are seeking smart, analytical debaters to join us on TruStory Beta and debate with token incentives.
The role is designed to be a 12 week remote engagement where we will compensate you in proportion to how much you earn on the App.
- For every TRU you earn you’ll receive $10.
- Total compensation will be capped at $500 a month in the form of a gift card.
- There will be an option to extend the term based on performance.
Description of responsibilities:
- Pick 1 or 2 areas of focus
- Find interesting claims: Actively monitor crypto space (podcasts, YouTube videos, twitter, news, etc) for interesting claims that can be debated on our platform
- Write compelling Arguments: Read and internalize our Guidelines. Write compelling Arguments for debates happening in your focus areas.
- Engage in the app: Engage in other activities including reading opposing arguments, curating other arguments, posting replies and collaborating with users to understand all sides of any given topic.
- Invite like-minded people: Debates are more fun with more people. Each week, invite at least 3 new people who you think would make a great addition to the community.
- You are naturally curious and seek to understand how things work at a fundamental level.
- You think critically and are analytically driven.
- You communicate complex ideas effectively in writing.
- You believe in our mission to make the internet more open-minded.
- You love devouring information (Twitter, Wikipedia, Medium, News publications, etc.).
- You have the humility to change your mind when someone makes a better point.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- Become a better critical thinker: The process of finding and analyzing claims changes how you think about information. You will learn through claim analysis.
- Build your personal brand and reputation: By actively debating important claims on the TruStory platform, you can showcase your subject-matter knowledge and build a reputation for yourself.
- Make new friends: We are a tight-knit and passionate community of like-minded individuals who love to learn and debate.
- Network with the team: Network with the TruStory team through feedback discussions on our private Slack group.
- Expand your knowledge: Attend regular debate sessions led by Preethi and industry leaders (e.g. Meltem Demirors, Ari David Paul, Murad Mahmudov, Haseeb Qureshi etc.) on relevant crypto and non-crypto topics. Latest Sessions on our fresh YouTube Channel.
In the modern information ridden world, the only way to survive is to showcase your ability to think critically. We've had Paul, Bhaumik, Justin and many others join our community and go from zero to hero in 3 months.