TruStory is a social network for experts to identify what is true and what isn't.
WHAT WE'RE WORKING ON
The Internet has a misinformation problem.
Algorithms can only get so far in verifying what's true and what's not. Only humans can accurately validate qualitative and objective information. TruStory is a social network to debate the authenticity of claims that people make on the internet. We’re doing this by crowdsourcing the knowledge of experts, or people who are well-versed with that information. We’re first tackling misinformation in the cryptocurrency industry.
We’re looking for crypto enthusiasts who are eager to become our first contributors. Bitcoin, for all its ups and downs, had a core group of missionaries that stuck around because they were drawn to the mission, not the price of the token. It's because of these missionaries that something that was born out of an email listserv is confronting the world's most powerful institution: money. We’re looking for our missionaries. People who are invigorated by the mission of TruStory. People who want to change the world with us.
We have a core group of missionaries on board right now, and are looking to bring on a few more. To learn more about whether becoming a contributor is for you, read this blog.
WHAT WE VALUE
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A GOOD FIT
- You are fascinated by crypto and it increasingly consumes your attention.
- You are curious and love devouring information (Twitter, Wikipedia, Subreddits, etc).
- You love debating and thinking critically.
- You are eager to put your knowledge to work by contributing to our community on a weekly basis.
- You believe in our mission and get frustrated by ignorance and misinformation online.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- Training (through argument-building) on how to think critically
- Private slack channel with TruStory team where you can ask questions anytime
- Inside scoop into TruStory's evolution
- Promotion through TruStory and Preethi's twitter accounts on high-quality arguments
- Networking opportunities with crypto experts
- ... and much more
DO YOU NEED TO BE AN EXPERT TO JOIN?
No. At least not in the traditional sense.
Who we call an “expert” is simply someone who is well-versed with a subject because of compounded knowledge — knowledge that took a sustained effort over many weeks or months to acquire. It’s a consequence of having spent a lot of time reading, thinking, and obsessing about something.
That’s exactly what you’ll get to do with us. All we need from you is genuine curiosity and an ambition to change the world for the better. We’ll give you the rest.