Trunk Club, a Nordstrom Company, is a Chicago-based personalized styling service for men and women, offering both virtual and in-person shopping options. Shoppers can visit Trunk Club’s retail Clubhouses in Boston, Charleston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York City, Washington D.C., for an in-person styling session or custom fitting for any occasion. For those who prefer an at-home experience, Trunk Club offers a virtual styling option, where a personal stylist sends a curated trunk of clothing to their home based on the customer’s style, fit, and lifestyle preferences.
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
What we're looking for
As a Tailor, you will be part of our Operations team, providing the best possible tailoring experience for each and every client for both ready-to-wear and custom product. Our custom clothing division is one of the fastest growing areas of Trunk Club. The Operations team provides all logistical and service support needed for the Sales team to ensure we have an efficient, effective and fantastic client experience.
You will be responsible for partnering with our Sales team to satisfy customer’s expectations for fit, alternations, re-sizing and re-styling of all types of men’s garments.
What you’ll be working on
- Fit customer using precise marking and pinning according to Trunk Club standards
- Perform and complete advance alterations during downtime between fitting appointments
- Develop and train apprentice tailors in all types of alterations and markings
- Prep and steam garments that may need touch-up prior to customer pick-up
- Interact with customers and co-workers in a professional manner
What your experience looks like
- 8-10 years of experience in Men's and Women's alterations/tailoring and fitting
- Possess a strong understanding of men’s and women's fitting and marking on all types of garments
- Basic computer skills
- Must know pressing
- Must know alterations machines and equipment
Who we are looking for
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work well with customers as well as co-workers in a professional manner
- Strong communication skills – oral, written and listening
- Ability to work independently following verbal and/or written instructions
- Extremely organized and diligent
- Have a basic understanding of using inventory management software and a working ability to check in/out garments and perform customer searches