Type: Full Time
Reports to: Head of Custom
Trunk Club, a Nordstrom Company, is a Chicago-based personalized styling service for men and women, offering both virtual and in-person shopping options. Shoppers can visit Trunk Club’s retail Clubhouses in Boston, Charleston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York City, Washington D.C., for an in-person styling session or custom fitting for any occasion. For those who prefer an at-home experience, Trunk Club offers a virtual styling option, where a personal stylist sends a curated trunk of clothing to their home based on the customer’s style, fit, and lifestyle preferences.
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
About the job
The role of the Custom Training Manager is to oversee all Trunk Club Custom training programs within their assigned office. They manage the offices custom sales metrics and operational metrics. A Custom Trainer is an expert of garment creation, body measurement, fitting and alterations with the ability to transfer this knowledge to others in a thoughtful manner. A Custom Trainer Manager has the ability to lead, present and develop trainings while managing the custom program within the given clubhouse.
Things you would be responsible for
- Partners with custom training team to help design and develop learning solutions including curriculum, blended learning programs, meeting facilitation, certification processes, performance tools and job aids.
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with sales support managers to ensure custom operations are completed to a high standard on a consistent basis.
- Train and implement custom training program provided by the custom leadership team.
- Implementation of training will include classroom instruction and one-on-one training with specialists, custom trainers and custom sales managers.
- Ensures specialists are well versed in all aspects of custom through certification, continued education and sales goals by partnering with the associate trainers and custom sales managers.
- Leads custom training for sales directors, sales support managers, recertification training and advanced training for specialists.
- Partners with Head of Office to provide clear communication about the custom program and sales goals of the office.
- Determines class roster for each training class through sales qualification goals and qualitative feedback from the sales director or sales manager.
- Drives sales with specific trainings derived from offices sales data.
- Meets with Sales Directors and Sales Managers to collaborate on custom sales initiatives and to keep communication open regarding the custom program.
- Manages Custom Trainers (if present) to develop a cohesive team that promotes sales growth through custom trainings.
- Works with Custom Sales Managers to drive custom sales through sales trainings and initiatives.
Here’s what your background looks like
- 3+ years of custom sales experience
- Preferably management experience of other sales people or retail store management
- Proven ability to lead, present and teach effectively
- Flexible, hardworking, teachable and coachable
- Proven ability to problem solve in areas such as client issues and operational issues
- Entrepreneurial spirit
You’ll probably be happy here if
- You love working collaboratively
- You are high energy and low ego
- You’re comfortable giving feedback and receiving constructive criticism
- You have a positive open attitude and a desire to have fun