Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
Sales Operations optimizes the sales process, leveraging an analytical framework to ensure we’re giving the best experience in retail. Most of our work is cross-functional, executing new programs that affect every part of the business. By working so closely with the salesteam and key performance metrics, we see firsthand how our work influences Trunk Club's unique customer experience. If you're an analytical person looking for opportunities to optimize processes, then you're the perfect fit.
What you’ll do
- Synthesize data into actionable insights that drive performance across our sales team
- Identify opportunities and drive improvement of processes that enable the sales team to become more efficient
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to understand the business and sales challenges across all channels and clubhouses
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as required in support of Sales, Operations, and Finance
- Support day-to-day operations of our sales teams
Who you are
- Curious learner, you look forward to being challenged with problems, and proactive in learning the skills needed to solve them
- You have very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are used to problem solving across multiple sources of unstructured data with analytical rigor; conceptual thinking skills must be complemented with an ability to effectively tell the story behind the numbers
- Advanced to expert proficiency in excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment
- 1-3 years of experience in business analysis or finance
- Bachelor’s degree, with major in analytical or technical field strongly preferred
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
How we work
- With others. Work closely with cross functional partners in sales, technology, operations, finance and other product groups to define and implement strategies to accelerate sales growth, maximize productivity and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee shop!