Working for Trunk Club:
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
As a Tailor, you will be part of our Clubhouse and Custom Operations team, providing the best possible tailoring experience for each and every client for both ready-to-wear and custom product. The Operations team provides all logistical and service support needed for the Sales team to ensure we have an efficient, effective and fantastic client experience. You will be responsible for partnering with our Sales team to satisfy customer’s expectations for fit, alterations, re-sizing and re-styling of all types of men’s and women's garments.
- Fit customer using precise marking and pinning according to Trunk Club standards
- Perform and complete advance alterations during downtime between fitting appointments
- Prep and steam garments that may need touch-up prior to customer pick-up
- Interact with customers and co-workers in a professional manner
- Meet and exceed productivity targets educate customers and employees on proper fit. Previous experience in alterations or tailoring strongly preferred
How we work
- With others. Work closely with our customers, sales team and cross-functional teams at Trunk Club.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- Merchandise discount
- State of the art office environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee shop!
Who you are
- A fitting and tailoring guru. You possess a strong understanding of men’s and women's fitting and marking on all types of garments (including pressing, alteration machines and equipment).
- A customer service expert. You possess the ability to work well with customers and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Independent and organized. You’re diligent and handle tasks with ease.
- Computer savvy. You have a basic understanding of using inventory management software and a working ability to check in/out garments and perform customer searches
Tools and materials used
- In this role, you'll be using all basic and speciality sewing machines, all pressing and steam equipment, computer, keyboard, spotting machine, electric cutting machine, different scissors, seam ripper, razor, tape measure, pins, chalk, rulers, benign cleaning solutions and other common tools and materials used in alterations/tailoring.
Scheduling and hours
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.