Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
As a People Team at Trunk Club, we espouse and encourage innovation, adaptability, accountability, knowledge, and collaboration in each other and in everything we do. We encompass a dynamic group of individuals dedicated to an amazing employee experience and a deep sense of teamwork.
What you’ll do
- Lead, coach and develop a highly efficient and metrics driven talent acquisition team
- Align recruiting priorities with business priorities while partnering with our leaders to develop hiring plans
- Lead the long-term employer brand and partnership strategy
- Create a company-wide recruiting culture where hiring managers and employees both feel ownership and accountability for bringing top talent to Trunk Club
- Develop and implement workforce plans, refine hiring forecasting capabilities, while staying in constant communication with Finance and HR
- Ensure Trunk Club is providing a best in class candidate experience, gathering relevant data and reporting on metrics to continually improve our overall process
- As needed, manage full-cycle recruiting on high level reqs (typically VP level and above)
- Provide fresh ideas and insights to advance our talent acquisition strategy and vision for the future
What your background might look like
- 8+ years of experience in corporate recruiting, both in-house and agency
- 5+ years of experience building and inspiring a high-performing talent team
- A strategic mindset towards business outcomes and management of KPI’s, metrics and daily deadlines
- Deep understanding of using metrics to drive performance, find efficiencies and diagnose issues with the recruiting process
- Patient, communicative, collaborative team player who is detail-oriented
- Management of external agencies, search firms, recruiting vendors
- BA/BS degree required
How we work
- With others. Work closely across all functions to develop a roadmap and deliver on goals
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view