Truman is seeking a Social Media and Digital Manager. Reporting to the Communications Director, the Social Media and Digital Manager will manage all of Truman’s social media platforms, including: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram as well as help maintain the organization’s website, develop digital campaigns and raise overall brand awareness online.
- Manage, maintain and produce content for Truman National Security Project & Truman Center for National Policy social media accounts, including: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Support the work of Truman’s extensive national membership community, promoting their work on our social media channels.
- Work closely with the Communications Manager, and Director of Communications, to plan digital content in advance of major events and Truman announcements.
- Develop graphics, images and video content for Truman’s social media sites and for Truman HQ as needed.
- Develop digital campaigns around Truman initiatives.
- Maintain Truman Center & Truman Project’s websites.
- Produce quarterly analytics reports, showing the growth of social media accounts, highlighting key successes and areas for improvement.
Successful candidates will have a combination of:
- BS or BA degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism or related field. Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
- 2-4 years in managing social media platforms in a fast-paced office.
- Excellent written skills and the ability to write for online/social media audiences.
- Experience in graphic creation, video production and editing skills.
- Experience of managing social media platforms, developing digital campaigns and raising brand awareness online.
- Experience of using data analytics to evaluate performance of social media channels and campaigns.
- Able to manage competing and multiple tasks.
- Interest in National Security a plus.
Salary range $50,000 - $54,000 commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits.
Ensure your cover letter includes an example of:
- when you demonstrated sound judgment;
- how you handle conflict; and
- an example that demonstrates you are a self-starter and like to take initiative