Business Development Lead
San Francisco / Remote
At Truework we are hyper-focused on building products that enable businesses and consumers to regain control over how their sensitive information is shared online.Our platform and services empower lenders to complete verifications quickly and accurately while enabling organizations to automate the verification process and ensure the privacy of their employees’ personal data. On the consumer side, we are giving employees unprecedented visibility into how their professional information is shared between third parties such as banks, mortgage lenders and employers. We believe increasing data transparency and returning data controls to the consumer are two crucial steps toward improving the health and safety of the internet as we know it.
We are seeking an accomplished Business Development professional to own and drive the strategy and execution of portions of our holistic partnerships approach and broader company approach. You will be responsible for formulating, sourcing, negotiating, and launching important strategic partnerships to support and accelerate the company’s growth. This is a high impact role that will work with cross functional internal stakeholders on multi-quarter strategies and reports directly into the VP of Partnerships. This is a "full stack" role, meaning you will own the full deal process from ideation to post-launch success and will work collaboratively across product, go-to-market, strategy, and operations. This is an amazing opportunity if you are a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, while conveying compelling value propositions internally and externally.
At Truework, this means you will work on and impact:
- Researching and seeking out new partnerships to grow our base
- Full ownership and management of deals from research, outreach, negotiation, and launch
- Collaborate with leadership to develop strategic plan to maximize partnership opportunities
- Build and foster strong relationships with key external partners to accelerate customer adoption and long term customer satisfaction
- Source, negotiate, and close multifaceted complex partnership deals that support and accelerate the company goals
- Launch partnerships with a focus on results/impact while ensuring a delightful user experience
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, Legal, Marketing, and Sales and other internal organizations across Truework to identify areas of impact, prioritize key initiatives, and execute
What we’re looking for:
- 6 + years of professional experience in either business development, account management, strategic partnerships, product, sales or similar roles within a rapidly scaling and/or enterprise company
- Experience with human capital management, fintech, lending, mortgage, or identity preferred but not required
- A strong attention to detail along with a keen eye for the big picture. You love taking the initiative and can drive multiple projects simultaneously through excellent time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills. Ability to speak fluently to executives, business development leaders, product managers, lawyers, and engineers.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and ability to work well in a team environment.
- A firm but fair negotiator with a great demeanor and partner-facing attitude.
- You are reliable, helpful, honest and efficient.
- Proven track record of negotiating complex deals and driving most aspects of the legal process.
- Sharp strategic thinker who can design and execute on a vision.
- History of running quickly with little supervision. Ability to adapt to and lead through fast-paced, high-growth, uncertain environments.
About your team at Truework and who you will work with:
- Mitch Houff - VP of Partnerships and Business Development
- You'll work closely with the product, engineering, marketing, sales and integrations teams
Truework is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Truework will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
If you have any questions before applying, please do not hesitate to reach out to Devin Blase, the VP of People at Truework (Devin@truework.com) or Melissa Lim, Recruiter at Truework (Melissa@truework.com).