About the Role
Help keep millions of employees confidential data safe and secure.
As a Security Engineer at Truework, your work is not only impactful, it's primordial. Truework makes security a first-class consideration in everything we do. Security Engineers will have a chance to work in a highly dynamic environment and will be working alongside application engineers to move quickly without compromising safety. You’ll also collaborate with the infrastructure team to ensure that the foundations upon which Truework is built will be able to protect from ever-changing vectors of attack. Finally, Security Engineers will champion the security side of technical compliance to set the highest standards in the industry.
Together, we will build the privacy-first and security-first Credit Reporting Agency.
About the Company
At Truework we are hyper-focused on building products that enable businesses and consumers to regain control over how their sensitive information is shared online. Our identity verification platform helps HR teams improve privacy and unlock productivity by automating employment and income verifications. On the consumer side, we are giving employees unprecedented visibility into how their professional information is shared between third parties such as banks, mortgage lenders and employers. We believe increasing data transparency and returning data controls to the consumer are two crucial steps toward improving the health and safety of the internet as we know it.
- Develop techniques, documentation, and frameworks that will enable other engineering functions to find flaws before code goes into production
- Help design, build and maintain the core of Truework's infrastructure used by all engineers
- Perform penetration testing on internal/external applications
- Run penetration testing on infrastructure
- Help teams craft and run security training
- Help building tools and process to stay in compliance with security frameworks that Truework leverages
- Advise other engineers on how to incorporate security into their engineering designs
- Support & run incident response
You may be a fit if
- You have 2+ years of professional software engineering experience in production environments
- You have a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in a technical field
- You show an ability to write high-quality defensive solutions that will thwart real-word attacks and engineering problems
- You possess a good understanding of web, security, and infrastructure
- You have a knack for finding flaws in organizations and/or code and teach others on how to avoid it in the future
- You display strong communication and writing skills
- You enjoy an environment where collaboration in small or large groups is a constant
Benefits & Perks
- Equity options
- Employer-sponsored insurance options for Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Time Off
- 401(k) provider
- Paid parental leave
Truework is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.