Truework is on a mission to create trust in every financial transaction. This is why we build products that enable businesses and consumers to regain control over how their sensitive financial information is shared online. Our platform empowers lenders to complete employment and income verifications quickly and accurately while enabling organizations to automate the verification process and ensure the privacy of their employees’ personal data. On the consumer side, we are giving employees unprecedented visibility into how their professional information is shared between third parties such as banks, mortgage lenders and employers. We believe increasing data transparency and returning data controls to the consumer are two crucial steps toward improving the health and safety of the internet as we know it.
We are looking for a smart and capable Business Development Representative to join our team! As a Business Development Representative at Truework, you will work directly with our account executive team to help develop our outbound sales function and drive the growth of our business. You will be prospecting into targeted organizations, developing relationships with decision makers, qualifying opportunities and identifying next steps for Enterprise and Mid Market Account Executives to connect with these prospects. Your day-to-day job will be developing a rapport with contacts in an effort to uncover needs and establish fit for Truework offerings.
Environment: Our BDR team works on a hybrid model out of our hub in SF or NYC. The minimum office commitment is 2 days per week.
At Truework, you would be responsible for:
- Outbound prospecting via cold calling, email, LinkedIn, and marketing campaigns
- Generate new business opportunities to build a more robust pipeline in collaboration with Account Executives to provide them with strong, qualified sales leads
- Research and develop our target Mid-Market and Enterprise accounts
- Creating an organized approach to prospecting to allow for feedback and guidance
- Becoming a sales and product expert by learning from Account Executives throughout each stage of the sales cycle
- Creating qualified opportunities in Salesforce and promoting overall CRM-hygiene
- Leveraging tools like SFDC, Outreach, Zoominfo, and Sales Navigator to build your book of business
- Being mindful of your metrics and leveraging data to drive decision making
- Creating and testing content is welcomed here, let your creativity flow
We are looking for someone with:
- 1-3 years of experience working in a client-facing role (sales/BizDev, customer service/support, retail, etc.)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- A sense of curiosity, and willingness to ask questions and learn in often ambiguous situations
- Highly motivated self-starter who is able to operate in a hyper-growth environment
- Experience working with a technical product and/or industry; prior experience in a B2B environment preferred but not required
- A desire to grow into a role that carries its own book of business (AE, CSM, AM)
- Sense of humor, a plus!
About your team at Truework and who you will work with:
- Selin Korustan, Head of Sales
Our cash compensation for this role is targeted at $85,000 - $92,000 for candidates based at our hubs in San Francisco. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate expertise.
Bring Your TRUE Self to Work.
One of the 4 values at Truework is to value diverse perspectives, and we are on a mission to create a company that is the right fit for every person inside of it. Diversity and Inclusion are the hard-and-fast principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders, and create a company where our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic, true selves to work.
Truework is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Truework considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Truework is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.