At True Tickets, we’re helping organizers of in-person events provide their guests with flawless experiences, from the moment they buy a ticket until the moment they use it to get in the door. We’re revolutionizing the ticketing industry by leveraging the power of secure digital-native tickets and smart contracts on the blockchain to curtail abusive ticketing practices and restore control, integrity, and trust to the marketplace.
We need a Usability Lead with deep subject matter expertise in Tessitura and familiarity with the community to ensure our Tessitura integration is highly usable by our customers and their staff. With a focus on user experience, excellent documentation, and escalated customer support, this person will play a critical role helping accelerate the team’s work to deliver our next key feature (ticket sharing) and ongoing customer-value-driven research and development work.
What we offer:
- Fully remote opportunity: will consider individuals in North, Central, and South America
- Compensation range: $126,000 to $145,000 plus equity and benefits
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision group insurance
- 401K retirement
- Professional development and training
- Highly collaborative and fun work environment
- Flexible daily work schedule
- Flexible paid time off
- Work with noteworthy arts, culture, and event venues around the world
- Occasional travel to exciting destinations for company retreats
The Tessitura Integration product team focuses on delivering value to our current primary customers: non-profit performing arts and cultural institutions utilizing the Tessitura ticketing and CRM system, especially the Tessitura users and admins supporting the box office and ticketing functions at each organization. The team pursues a mandate to enable seamless, rapid delivery of digital tickets at volume, along with related data, keeping True Tickets and Tessitura in sync. This team facilitates the straightforward implementation, management, and use of the integration for users who interact primarily with Tessitura, allowing them to leverage all the benefits of True Tickets in service of their own customers: event attendees.
The Tessitura Integration product team discovers, plans, builds, and owns all functionality that integrates the True Tickets services with Tessitura to enable ticket delivery and scanning, allow users to configure integration behavior, and provide insight into the True Tickets system. The integration includes components that are installed on-premise with the Tessitura database of each customer, as well as services hosted in our cloud.
This team will create foundational principles and systems on which other teams will build future integrations.
Usability Leads at True Tickets…
- Work closely with technical and product leads to collaboratively lead a small, empowered, cross-functional team focused on delivering value to target customers.
- Participate in product discovery efforts to gather data on customer needs and problems through a variety of techniques.
- Ensure solutions are valuable, usable, feasible, viable for the business, and ethical before we build. In particular, a Product Usability Specialist brings expertise in usability validation.
- Write clear, informative, and accessible user-facing documentation to help our clients and users understand and take full advantage of our products.
- Coordinate closely with our customer support team, serving as the first point of escalation for inquiries that need the attention of product team members, bringing product learnings from recurring issues to the product team, and helping ensure the support we provide is of the highest quality.
In the first few weeks, you’ll:
- Ask lots of questions as you get up to speed with our customers, product, business, and processes to understand how you and your team's domain fit into the True Tickets value stream.
- Dive into the Tessitura Integration: install it against your own Tessitura instance, create test data in Tessitura, and become familiar with how that data integrates with True Tickets.
- Get to know your team, colleagues, and stakeholders at True Tickets and lay the foundation for strong working relationships based on trust, shared goals, and egregious overcommunication.
- Meet your first True Tickets customers and users and begin learning what they need from your team.
In the first three months, you’ll:
- Celebrate some wins and learn from more than a few good failures.
- Get excited about True Tickets’ core business goals and your team's objectives and priorities.
- Meet some of our customers and have your first “ah ha!” moment about how to make their lives easier.
- Bring joy to a customer or two with the speedy and successful resolution of a complex support issue.
In the first year, you’ll:
- Release a new version of the Tessitura integration delivering significant gains in performance and efficiency.
- Help our clients help themselves with smooth upgrades and intuitive administration of the new integration.
- Witness clients extolling the virtues of the well written, thorough, and accessible product documentation you put together.
- Monitor and contribute to improvements in customer support effectiveness and efficiency.
- See your team’s impact in measurably improved sales and customer satisfaction.
What we’ll want you to bring to the table:
- 4+ years working on software products
- Subject matter expertise in Tessitura ticketing data structures, features, and business practices, including experience building and managing performances and ticket sales
- Experience engaging with end users to explore and troubleshoot technical support issues
- Facility adapting technical communications – especially written – to a range of skill levels
- Enthusiasm for centering the needs and experiences of users in product discovery
- Strong communication, collaboration, and relationship skills
- Ability to work effectively as a remote employee
Bonus points for:
- Passion for our vision of the live event industry’s future
- Ability to read, understand, and write basic MS SQL code
- Intense curiosity about people, organizations, and systems
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Growth mindset that welcomes opportunities to learn and improve
More about us:
True Tickets is an early growth stage, funded startup. Founded in September 2017, True Tickets has been building business-to-business software-as-a-service since January 2019. We became Tessitura Ecosystem Partners in September 2020. Despite the ongoing effects of the Covid-19 pandemic, our service has become the primary ticket delivery method for several high-profile Tessitura performing arts organizations, helping them reopen safely.
We closed a funding round in January 2022, and are expanding our product organization to accelerate value delivery around key user and customer jobs that will unlock significant future growth.
As we bring on new employees, we’re also implementing empowered product team practices, creating a series of small teams with a product lead, technical lead, and a design or usability lead, as well as 2 to 6 additional developers and engineers. We charter each product team with a clear domain of autonomy and responsibility, and use outcome-based objectives to empower them to work together to discover effective solutions and deliver results.
To apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume electronically. If possible, please include any links to any publicly available work.