At True Tickets, we provide software that empowers live-event venues to improve ticket governance. We help venues reclaim control of their tickets from the secondary market to ensure a positive and safe end-to-end patron experience.
We are seeking an experienced site-reliability engineer (SRE) to join our team. This is a great opportunity to join a tight-knit, fast-growing startup that is changing an industry.
Who we are
True Tickets is a funded startup. Founded in December 2017, True Tickets has been building a business-to-business software-as-a-service solution since January 2019.
True Tickets is a secure contactless digital ticketing platform enabled by the IBM Blockchain. We became Tessitura Ecosystem Partners in October 2020 and have already launched our service with enthusiastic clients who are helping us grow as they begin holding outdoor and socially distanced live events. 2021 will be a year of expansion, with a growing list of additional organizations that have signed contracts and are eager to implement the service as the pandemic eases and the live events industry gets back to work.
Your responsibilities as an SRE are to write code and work with other members of the team. You will spend the majority of your time architecting and implementing infrastructure code in close collaboration with a small cross-functional team of engineers, a designer, and a product manager.
You will be expected to follow rigorous development practices and inform your work with an understanding of our clients’ evolving needs. You will interact with the team by providing input on software architecture and implementing the formulated solution. The product team utilizes adapted agile methodologies, test-driven development, continuous delivery, documentation as code, pair programming, and code review in our quest to deliver high-quality software.
- Architect and implement robust and scalable infrastructure automation; contribute to services from inception to deployment through operation.
- Contribute to design and implementation of CI/CD on top of Kubernetes and Google Cloud platforms
- Improve and maintain the existing software and infrastructure that the team develops and operates
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health
- Provide guidance and collaborate with cross-functional product teams to streamline and improve True Tickets
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills
- 7+ years of experience in one or both of the below:
- server-side software engineering • infrastructure roles with strong fundamentals in Linux.
- 5+ years of experience operating with TCP/IP, load-balancing, security and operating production environments.
- Experience architecting, developing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems.
- Minimal experience with Hashicorp Terraform and Kubernetes
What we offer
- Experience with Google Cloud • Knowledge of distributed ledger technology like Hyperledger Fabric • Experience with Hashicorp Consul and Vault
- Experience with CI/CD systems (ideally container-based)
- International remote team: work from anywhere!
- Compensation: salary and equity (balance is negotiable)
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision group insurance
- 401K retirement
- Professional development and training options
- Highly collaborative and fun work environment
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible paid time off
- Work with noteworthy arts, culture, and live event venues around the world • Occasional travel (post-pandemic!) to exciting destinations for company retreats
We think you’ll like us if you
- Enjoy working on a cross-functional team focused on building high-quality software (see the team at https://true-tickets.com)
- Enjoy learning new things and getting your hands dirty with new tools • Enjoy the authority and responsibility of influencing key technology decisions • React to critical problems without sacrificing quality over speed • Anticipate problems and formulate solutions while considering technical debt • Appreciate and give direct feedback
- Are open-minded and looking to actively participate