At True Tickets, we provide software that empowers live-event venues to improve ticket governance. We help venues reclaim control of their tickets from the secondary market to ensure a positive and safe end-to-end patron experience.
We are seeking an experienced backend Go developer to join our 100% remote team, reporting to the CTO. This is a great opportunity to join a tight-knit, fast-growing startup that is changing an industry.
Who we are
True Tickets is a funded startup. Founded in December 2017, True Tickets has been building a business-to-business software-as-a-service solution since January 2019.
True Tickets is a secure contactless digital ticketing platform enabled by the IBM Blockchain. We became Tessitura Ecosystem Partners in October 2020 and have already launched our service with enthusiastic clients who are helping us grow as they begin holding outdoor and socially distanced live events. 2021 will be a year of expansion, with a growing list of additional organizations that have signed contracts and are eager to implement the service as the pandemic eases and the live events industry gets back to work.
Your responsibilities as a senior developer are to write code and work with other members of the team. You will spend the majority of your time developing backend distributed Go services in close collaboration with a small cross-functional team of engineers, a designer, and a product manager.
You will be expected to follow rigorous development practices and inform your work with an understanding of our clients’ evolving needs. You will interact with the team by providing input on software architecture and implementing the formulated solution. The product team utilizes adapted agile methodologies, test-driven development, continuous delivery, documentation as code, pair programming, and code review in our quest to deliver high-quality software.
- Work closely with other developers, designer, product manager through all stages of the software development process
- Develop new backend features in Go microservices and Go smart contracts
- Advise and assist in the development of automated functional tests
- Resolve issues and bug reports
- Review, analyze, optimize, and tune code
- 8+ years of software experience
- 3+ years of development in Go
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable writing documentation
- Experience with Git
- Experience writing tests
- Self-motivated; ability to work efficiently from home in a virtual office environment
- Comfortable with agile-like process
- Familiarity with microservice architectures
- Familiarity with distributed systems (CAP theorem, Byzantine faults, etc.)
- Experience with a document-store database like CouchDB
- Experienced with property-testing
What we offer
- International remote team: work from anywhere!
- Compensation: salary and equity (compensation and balance are negotiable)
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision group insurance
- 401K retirement
- Professional development and training options
- Highly collaborative and fun work environment
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible paid time off
- Work with noteworthy arts, culture, and live event venues around the world
- Occasional travel (post-pandemic!) to exciting destinations for company retreats
We think you’ll like us if you...
- Enjoy working on a cross-functional team focused on building high-quality software (see the team at https://true-tickets.com)
- Enjoy learning new things and getting your hands dirty with new tools
- Enjoy the authority and responsibility of influencing key technology decisions and owning services
- React to critical problems without sacrificing quality over speed
- Anticipate problems and formulate solutions while considering technical debt
- Appreciate and give direct feedback
- Are open-minded and looking to actively participate
Please submit your cover letter and resume electronically. If possible, please include any code samples, or links to any publicly available work.