Truepic works with top insurance carriers, financial institutions, warranty providers, peer-to-peer
marketplaces, and many others to evaluate the trustworthiness of visual media. Our team is driven by
the mission to accelerate business, foster a healthy civil society, and push back against visual
disinformation. Named one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2020, our Controlled Capture secure
camera technology ensures that an image is 100% unaltered, unfiltered, and uneditable. We are
dedicated to restoring trust in every pixel of consequence, with the goal of having a shared sense of
visual reality across the internet.
Our company is headquartered in beautiful San Diego, California with an entirely remote workforce
(unless of course you want to join us by the beach!). We believe in trust, flexibility and results. That's
why our team is able to work from wherever they choose across the United States as long as they can to join meetings remotely and drive the right outcomes.
At Truepic, we care very deeply about authenticity. It’s at the core of human relationships and all things
we consider to be good. If bringing a layer of truth to images across the internet gets you excited, we
hope to hear from you!
About The Role:
As a post-Series B company we’re excited to grow the team, beginning with our very first internal finance hire! This role embodies a unique combination of strategic and operational responsibilities that establish the financial foundation for making key investment and growth decisions in the company. In this role you’ll collaborate closely across all functions and assist the leadership team with budgets, forecasting, key operating metrics and strategic finance. You'll be an integral part of enabling rapid growth, establishing best practices and scaling business processes. This opportunity is perfect for a well-rounded financial operator looking to leave their mark on the Truepic rocketship!
- Establish and lead financial planning and analysis, including: revenue projections, forecasting, cash flow analysis, scenario planning, budget vs actual variances, and customer growth analysis.
- Maintain and report on key operating metrics to support our short term and long term goals, drive accountability across all functions.
- Create scalable reporting systems to support our annual planning process, tracking performance against quarterly OKRs, and board of director activities.
- Partner with functional leads to create accurate data sets from disparate sources, for the purpose of reporting cross-departmental operating metrics: CRM, post-sales implementation, customer support, accounting, product usage, etc.
- Oversee fiscal, compliance and financing activities, including preparation of annual budgets, financial audits, support for debt and equity financing, etc.
- Manage and advise on special projects, including pricing for new and/or existing customers and product launches.
You will succeed in this role if:
- You are a roll-up-your-sleeves financial operator familiar with early stage (Series B) companies.
- You are a swiss army knife, able to understand accounting data, derive insights, marry it with
operating data from other systems and advise on finance initiatives.
- You have meticulous attention to detail and enjoy going deep into numbers.
- Have experience working around the following finance functions: revenue recognition,
budgeting & forecasting, and corporate modeling.
- You are familiar with building out and establishing reporting for KPIs (OKR experience would be
- You are systems orientated and can advise on the best tools to optimize your work.
- Love building and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity working with Quickbooks, Expensify, Bill.com, Excel/Sheets, and BI platforms.
Diversity and Equality:
Truepic is an equal opportunity employer, meaning all applicants will be considered for employment
without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status. We ensure that all individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request