At TrueMotion, we’re making driving safer and insurance smarter. We offer auto insurers a mobile telematics platform that enables next-generation digital programs. Powered by machine learning, our platform can tell when a person is driving, reveals their behaviors behind the wheel, detects crashes, and sends help if needed. We’re a team of engineers, entrepreneurs, sales and customer success leaders, data scientists, and more. We take on sophisticated problems, build innovative solutions and have fun while doing it!
TrueMotion's Data Engineering Team is looking for an experienced, data-savvy, and humble Principal Software Engineer who wants to make an impact at a growing startup and help save lives on the road.
- Guide, support, and mentor junior developers on the best software development procedures and methods
- Solve sophisticated technical problems and transform them into business solutions
- Lead code and design reviews
- Full-stack design and development with a focus on maintainability, usability, scalability, and performance
- Work with product managers to learn the future business direction with the goal of architecting the platform optimally
- Collaborate with other technical leads and other partners to develop project plans and participate in resource planning
- Provide required support and fix production issues
- Follow Companies development and operational standards and processes
- Complete any additional tasks as they arise
- You have done development at scale -- high efficiency, low latency
- Proficiency in one or more of Python, Ruby, Java, or C++, with the desire to learn more.
- # No need for expert-level Python experience if you are open to learning it! 👌
- Experience with relational database (RDBMS) schema design preferably in any of MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Comfortable to work with AWS services (or happy to learn based on previous cloud experience)
- Knowledgeable of containerization technologies (specifically Docker)
- Skillful in developing web applications (HTTP REST backend, and optionally Angular frontend)
- Experience with Continuous deployment, and test-driven development (TDD)
More information about our tech stack:
- EC2, S3, Lambda, SNS, SQS, RDS (Postgres), NoSQL, Glue, Athena, Redshift
- CI/CD pipelines: Jenkins
- AWS deployment descriptor: CloudFormation
- Web frameworks: Tornado, Bottle, FastAPI, with some Node.js (Koa) here & there
- Good salary
- Stock option
- Feel great working in an office with a fantastic view over the castle district's architectural highlights (like the Fishermen's Bastion and Matthias Church)
- Enjoy a midday break by joining the TMo lunch group daily at one of the restaurants down the street (post-COVID)
- Get to really know your co-workers over team breakfasts or over drinks and snacks on Thursdays
- Let the company's atmosphere and the smart Hungarian & Boston colleagues encourage & inspire you day-by-day
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures, and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to build an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability state.