At TrueMotion, we’re making driving safer and insurance smarter. We offer auto insurers a mobile telematics platform that enables next-generation digital programs. Powered by machine learning, our platform determines when a person is driving, reveals their behaviors behind the wheel, and detects crashes. We’re a band of engineers, data scientists, and entrepreneurs. We take on complex problems and build innovative solutions that make us a leader in our industry. We also have fun while doing it!
Do you have a Testing/Quality background and a creative problem solving mindset? Do you take a systematic approach to quality assurance? We're looking for a QA Engineer who will work closely with our other QA engineers to complete various Mobile testing efforts, contributing to test plans and test cases to execute. You can work comfortably with developer and operations tools -- e.g. API and SDK reference documentation. You will design tests for our platform and apps that are running on millions of smartphones, helping to ensure that we deliver the highest quality products possible. As we develop new features, you will also be testing our apps as a user to see what is and isn't working from a product perspective.
- Play a major role in championing the importance of quality improvement across all areas of the software development life cycle
- Advocate and ensure a high quality user experience
- Prepare test scenarios, write test specifications and help improve automation frameworks throughout the entire software development life cycle
- Execute tests, isolate bugs, troubleshoot, and log defects through to defect closure
- Work with cross-functional teams to explore requirements, designs, and implementations in order to execute acceptance tests and develop quality plans
- Utilize a solid understanding of mobile and frontend technologies
- Identify hypothetical failure modes; design and execute tests of hypotheses
- Design & execute functional test scripts and regression testing using automated tools
- Work directly with customers to help resolve their issues
- Provide required support and troubleshoot production.
- Follow Companies development and operational standards and processes
- 2+ years of industry experience in QA with a focus on automated testing software for Android and iOS devices
- Experience writing automation tests for mobile applications with tools such as XCUITest, Appium, Robotium, UIAutomator, etc.
- Develop reusable code with an understanding of modular programming and object oriented programming techniques (Python, or any of: Swift, Kotlin, Java, Objective C, etc.)
- REST API testing and debugging experience using tools such as Postman
- Knowledge about CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Bitrise
- Ability to collaborate between local and remote teams of engineers
- Driving license and willingness to take short trips
- Experience writing test infrastructures and tooling
- Familiarity with server virtualization software such as Docker
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies such as S3 and Device Farm is a huge plus
- Continuous Integration framework experience
- Good salary
- Stock options
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.