At TrueMotion, we’re making driving safer and insurance smarter. We offer auto insurers a mobile telematics platform that enables next-generation digital programs. Powered by machine learning, our platform can tell when a person is driving, reveals their behaviors behind the wheel, and detects crashes. We’re a team of engineers, entrepreneurs, sales and customer success leaders, data scientists, and more. We take on complex problems, build innovative solutions and have fun while doing it!
We're looking for experienced Principal Mobile Engineer to join our Boston-based mobile development team to help build industry-leading products that are transforming a trillion dollar industry. Ten of the top twenty global automotive insurers already work with us, with more on the way! If you have a passion for Android and iOS development, and would like to join a great team that’s building products that make our roads safer and save lives, let’s talk. You'll enjoy a fun, collaborative work environment, excellent work/life balance, great benefits and a new office that's just a short walk from South Station.
- Drive the development of our iOS and Android apps in a B2B space at consumer scale.
- Help scale our mobile processes; participate in release pipeline, test automation and monitoring (trip capture, battery and data usage, car crashes, etc.).
- Build great consumer experiences for top ten insurance carriers that integrate with various 3rd party services.
- Embed algorithms initially developed to run in the cloud back to the phone.
- Advocate for the iOS and Android platforms (e.g: evaluating new frameworks, mentoring the team, and helping drive the iOS and Android technical vision at TrueMotion).
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of experience working with key technologies for the Android and iOS platforms.
- Fluency in either Java/Kotlin or Objective-C/Swift and intermediate level in the other.
- Willingness and past experience mentoring other mobile developers.
- Strong technical knowledge of the Android and iOS platforms with the ability to understand and explain the nuances between the two mobile platforms to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience architecting and shepherding mobile apps through the entire life cycle from idea to release and maintenance.
- Ability to assess and deploy technologies based on business needs rather than technical purity.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build consensus and make tough calls on your own.
- Experience working on large scale mobile apps.
- Back end development
- Experience in C++
- Working knowledge of front end technologies such as Angular or React
- Experience with any scripting languages such as Python, Node, or Ruby
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with effective developer workflow
- Fair & competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, matching 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Relax, dine out, or take a class with a variety of unique anniversary gifts
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run by the Boston waterfront
- Get to know your coworkers over drinks & snacks every Thursday
- Have fun at our frequent team outings & volunteer at local organizations
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state.