TrueMotion offers auto insurers a mobile telematics platform that enables next-generation digital programs. Powered by mobile technology, machine learning, and data science, our patented smartphone data platform can accurately determine when a person is driving and reveal her behaviors behind the wheel, including distracted driving. This unique data powers usage-based insurance, distracted driving programs, claims services, and fleet management programs. We are motivated by three things: working with great people who make it fun to be at work every day, solving hard problems, and making driving safer and more affordable. As we rapidly scale, we are looking to hire a Director of Legal to advise and oversee all legal matters. Reporting to our CFO with a dotted line to our CEO, your primary area of focus will be owning our commercial contracts and technology licensing.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts and other agreements, including all of our commercial contracts, technology licences and vendor agreements.
- Provide legal advice and direction on all matters pertaining to compliance, human resources, data privacy and cybersecurity.
- Build out and maintain our legal infrastructure and ensure we have the proper policies and procedures in place.
- Manage relationships with outside counsels across a wide variety of practice areas and identify and procure specialized law firms when necessary.
- Develop a deep understanding of the complexity of our business and handle deep negotiation of contracts across multiple business units.
- J.D. degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
- 5-10 years of legal experience, with a minimum of 5 years of experience at a major law firm or in industry. A combination of law firm and in-house experience a plus.
- Technology licensing expert with a solid generalist background
- Ability to work in a scaling startup environment - this means you won’t have an office, but you’ll have a huge opportunity to make an impact on building out the legal infrastructure
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state.