You will leverage your Accounting experience while growing to new heights in your career as the breadth and impact of our newly developed Accounting Manager role knows no limits. You will assume responsibility for our financial controls and processes as you take over GL functions and month-end close. The monthly close is adeptly managed by an experienced Senior Accountant and the greatest impact of the Accounting Manager role is in much needed process improvements, standardization, organization, and efficiencies in all finance areas.
You have worked as an Accountant, preferably in the SaaS, Software or Technology industries and have additional experience in a national Public Accounting firm. You have served as a team lead or managed other Accountants as this role will oversee the Senior Accountant. You are used to working on a small team where everyone has a hands-on role.
You love working in financial details, but can also step out of the details and ask….”does this make sense?” You are ready to help the Controller make the department more proactive and efficient and ready to support our rapidly growing business.
- Manage the worldwide month, quarter, year-end financial close including global consolidation, and financial statement analytics while identifying opportunities for process improvement
- Support planned projects including but not limited to system upgrades and other operational initiatives
- Identify complex accounting matters and assist in technical accounting research and documentation
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and ensure compliance with GAAP
- Prepare for and work with our newly appointed outside auditors during our annual audit
- Assist the Controller in the evaluation of the finance department’s structure and plans for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group
- Develop and provide actual-to-budget variance reporting
- Develop and implement process improvements for the finance organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or another related field of study
- 6+ years of accounting experience. Combination of public and private accounting and a CPA
- Comprehensive understanding of all common areas of GAAP (revenue recognition under ASC 606, capital vs. expense classification, fixed assets, intangibles, debt & lease, etc.)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience reporting and forecasting financial statements - Balance Sheet, P&L, Cash Flow
- SaaS or software industry experience in a medium size tech company preferred
- Experience with an ERP required, Netsuite a plus
- Experience with consolidations a plus
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.