Do you have a Testing/Quality background and a creative problem solving mindset?
Do you take a systematic approach to quality assurance?
We're looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer who can work comfortably with developer and operations tools -- e.g. API and SDK reference documentation, system logs and debuggers. As a Quality Assurance Engineer at TrueMotion, you will design tests for our cloud-based products and apps running on millions of smartphones, helping to ensure that we deliver the highest quality products possible. As we develop new features, you will also be testing our apps a user to see what is and isn't working from a product perspective.
- Play a major role in championing the importance of quality improvement across all areas of the software development life cycle
- Advocate and ensure a high quality user experience
- Prepare test scenarios, write test specifications and perform ad hoc and exploratory testing throughout the entire software development life cycle
- Execute tests, isolate bugs, troubleshoot, and log defects through to defect closure
- Work with cross-functional teams to explore requirements, designs, and implementations in order to execute acceptance tests and develop quality plans
- Utilize a solid understanding of web technologies
- Identify hypothetical failure modes; design and execute tests of hypotheses
- Design & execute functional test scripts and regression testing using automated tools
- Work directly with customers to help resolve their issues
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Few years of experience in QA role
- Experience testing web applications with a lot of users
- Understanding of API testing methods and tools
- Automated testing experience
- Continuous Integration framework experience
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, etc.)
- Database experience (SQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of programming languages (Java, Objective C, etc.)
- Success testing native mobile applications on Android and iOS devices
- A previous focus on interaction and visual design principles (IxD, UX, UI)
TrueMotion is helping to drive the future of connected devices and autonomous cars with its leading mobile platform for vehicle telematics and driving safety. At TrueMotion we’re motivated by three things: working with great people who make it fun to come to work every day, solving hard problems, and making driving safer and more affordable. If you’re a positive, organized self starter, then TrueMotion may be for you! Our patented technology precisely determines driver risk via data from a driver's smartphone. Insurance companies draw insights from this data, which is then used to help people become safer drivers and save money on car insurance.
TrueMotion was co-founded by the CEO of ZipCar and the President of Tesla. We are backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar.