Are you an experienced developer, with strong Android background?
Do you enjoy leveraging hardware sensors and location services to solve challenging problems in new and creative ways?
Want to help us evolve the Android stack for a product that's receiving rave reviews and solving real-world problems?
As a Senior Android Engineer at TrueMotion, you'll play a key role in our mobile engineering team, that is creating and developing the sensor engine running on mobile devices and uploading data to the back-end. You will have a chance to participate in architectural decisions, in developing new features, and making our products even more awesome. Our team enjoys working together and sharing a passion for both the business of what we do (making driving safer for everyone) and the technologies that make it all possible.
- Drive and innovate the development of software to reliably collect and manage data from smartphone sensors
- Contribute to the development of our B2B applications and SDKs
- Help scale our mobile team processes by practicing “Clean Code” principles for app architecture, branching/versioning, release train, feature flipping and A/B test, CI pipeline, TDD.
- Advocate for the Android platform e.g: evaluating new frameworks, leading the Android technical vision at TrueMotion, mentoring more junior members of the team
- Deliver apps with enhanced features and capabilities, while continually improving delivery time and quality
- 4+ years of experience working with key technologies for the Android platform
- Fluency in RxJava and Kotlin
- Experience designing robust, extensible, scalable and customisable mobile applications and frameworks
- System full-stack engineering/architectural skills i.e., able to understand the big picture
- Strong mentoring skills
- Experience consuming and/or designing REST APIs
- Experience using the android performance testing harness
- Knowledgeable about test driven development (TDD), behaviour driven development (BDD) and debugging
- Strong English language skills (most of the team is in Boston)
- Literacy in any of the following languages: C/C++, Swift, Objective-C, Python
- Experience with:
- Location services and geofencing
- High frequency time series data
- Leveraging IMU sensors
- Designing performant threading architecture
- Experience working in an international team
Place of work:
- Budapest, I. district (Fő utca, Pala ház)
- Travel to Boston: few times a year for 1-1 week
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options, Private Insurance
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (saving lives on the roads) in an office with a fantastic view over the castle district's architectural highlights (like the Fisherman's Bastion and Matthias Church)
- Enjoy a midday break by joining the TMo lunch group daily at one of the restaurants down the street
- Get to really know your coworkers over team breakfasts or over drinks and snacks on Thursdays
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Bowling, Scavenger Hunt and nice team-dinners
- We also enjoy a collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, a strong benefit package and a fun centrally located office that's just a short walk from Batthyány tér.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office.
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.