There are 1.2B drivers in the world. TrueMotion combines the power of mobile technology, machine learning and SaaS to drive intelligence and digitization throughout the entire motor insurance lifecycle - and to save lives while we’re doing it. Our clients include leading insurers, transportation network companies, auto manufacturers, telcos, etc. These clients embed and integrate our software into theirs and offer new products & services to their customers.
As our Solutions Engineer you’ll work with prospects and customers to understand their business strategies. Then you'll create solutions that achieve those strategies. You will be THE authority on our products, services, and technology. You’ll team up with Product and Engineering to define the future direction of our products. This position reports to the Chief Customer Officer.
- Drive the technology evaluation stage of the sales process with our prospects
- Elicit prospects’ and customers’ business, functional and technical requirements
- Show the value of our market-leading mobile telematics and big data analytics solutions
- Understand and address prospect and customer questions and objections
- Help prospects understand TrueMotion’s technology and understand its advantages
- Lead the configuration, implementation and execution of customer field trials
- Lead the SOW development and implementation processes
- Be the “voice of the customer” and help define the direction of TrueMotion’s product roadmap
- Be an authority on usage based insurance, claims, big data, telematics, mobile technology, competitor offerings, and driver behavior
- Travel nationally as required
- 3-5 years as a Solutions or Sales Engineer for enterprise applications (SaaS, big data preferred)
- Selling $500K+ ARR deals & exceeding sales targets
- Value and Solution Selling (vs. transactional selling)
- Hands-on configuration and coding with technologies mentioned in “Skills” section
- Enterprise implementation methodologies
- BA (BS technical degree preferred)
- Any of these are plusses, but not required
- Selling into the auto insurance industry
- MS or MBA
- Intelligent. You are a clever, resourceful problem solver.
- Collaborative. You work well in teams with staff, customers and partners.
- Curious. You ask great questions and seek to understand why.
- Convincing. You are a concise and persuasive communicator.
- Humble. You listen actively and empathically and respect others’ ideas.
- Reliable. You GSD despite obstacles.
- Passionate. You learn and improve every day.
- Unimpeachable verbal, written and visual communication (incl. whiteboard, powerpoint)
- Proficient with
- enterprise software architecture including applications, middleware, databases, analytics, hardware, authentication/identity
- cloud computing technologies like AWS
- enterprise integration design patterns from flat files to web services to messaging
- smartphone hardware, operating system and app UI capabilities
- statistical analysis techniques and tools
- SQL and reporting (we use Tableau)
- DevOps tools like Github, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Bonus if you can code in at least one object-oriented language (Python preferred)
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving injuries & fatalities)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.