At TrueMotion we are motivated by three things: working with great people who make it fun to be at work every day, solving hard problems, and making driving safer and more affordable. If you’re a positive, organized, self starter, then TrueMotion might be a great fit. Our patented technology precisely determines driver risk via data from a driver's smartphone. Insurance companies draw insights from this data, which is then used to help people become safer drivers and save money on car insurance.
As a Senior Data Analyst you will help collect, validate, and transform data into actionable insights. These insights will help guide TrueMotion and its clients in product and application development. You will construct and apply statistical analysis and predictive modeling as well as ensure data integrity by implementing quality assurance practices. You will work as part of our data warehousing team on the ETL (extract, transform and load) process and projects. You will identify areas of improvement in data collection processes or systems and make recommendations to correct any deficiencies.
What you'll do:
- Perform analysis projects on data collected from our mobile and web applications to help us and our customers better understand our users and driving behavior to guide the development of and improvements to our platform and applications
- Write and edit data warehouse ETL (extract, transform, and load) pipelines used to add, clean and aggregate data for reports and analyses
- Work with other departments, including product, business, and development leaders to identify their reporting requirements, document reports and related interdependencies, and guide development requirements
- Develop data testing and monitoring algorithms that efficiently identify incongruences and changes in data and reporting; communicate data changes that impact stakeholders
- Refresh reports and dashboards regularly as well as when updates and new data become available
- Monitor data for changes and discrepancies in findings, notify managers, and also identify data points that routinely require review
- Assist other departments in developing dashboards, reporting, and presentations
- Identify data processes and practices in need of improving and recommend plans for improving the data collection process
Skills you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or similar required. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data analysis and reporting. Research in academia may be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Ability to code in Python and SQL to update, retrieve and transform data, highlight data changes and identify data incongruencies
- Strong communication skills with the ability to raise questions, define needs and explain outcomes
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Infogram, Plotly and/or Visual.ly., Google Office Suite as well as MS Office including Excel and PowerPoint
Tools you'll use:
- Git / GitHub
- Google Office Suite
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state.