TrueMotion is combining intuitive technology and data science to make it easier for people to become safer drivers. We believe that when people are smart, passionate, and happy they have the ability to do amazing things. Our culture is collaborative and the work we do together is challenging and meaningful. There's never a dull moment and we love it that way. As our first Release Manager, you will play a significant in driving the creation of a release methodology and implement a scalable release process.
- Create tools, templates and processes that enable standardization of release across all of TrueMotion
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Develop new ideas and ways to improve development delivery
- Communicate status of software releases to stakeholders
- Create a regular forum in which TrueMotion has visibility to the release calendar and status of releases
- Communicate upcoming releases and release statuses with customers
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as a release engineer
- Self-motivation with excellent team management and organizational skills
- The ability to develop and foster strong business relationships with colleagues on a global basis
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of source control management and tools.
- Knowledge of continuous build, release and deployment systems
- Experience with a structured release cadence that involves building releases and tracking them through their testing phases to production
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.