Are you a software engineer interested in pursuing a career in machine learning? Do you enjoy collaborating with other bright, talented individuals to solve complex problems? If so, read on! At TrueMotion, we’re passionate about making the world a safer place, by helping to eliminate distracted driving. We do this by using the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. This is a unique opportunity to create a massive impact in our business and technology, while helping people become safer drivers. We’re looking for a bright & talented software engineer with a keen interest in Machine Learning to join our Data Science team. As our first machine learning engineer, you’ll be collaborating with senior members of our Data Science, Platform, and Mobile teams to solve complex, challenging problems using your intellect, skills and the latest and greatest technologies!
- Advise the Data Science team on optimizing our use of Databricks, Spark, and AWS services for building machine learning models at scale
- Collaborate with our platform and mobile teams to deploy machine learning models on both iOS and Android devices
- Improve data ETL pipelines, design and manage databases that support research and development, support testing of machine learning models for product releases, and own the software frameworks we use to deploy our models in production
- Own the software frameworks we use to deploy production models, design and manage databases supporting research & development and support testing of learning models for production releases
- Improve data ETL pipelines by scaling, building and maintaining secure backend code using unit testing, automation and continuous delivery
- Design and create tooling to improve the efficiency of feature engineering, model training and validation
- Build scalable machine learning infrastructure that allows your Data Science teammates to deliver new models faster
- Build infrastructure to monitor the performance of machine learning models at scale, including models deployed on mobile devices
- Stay up to date on the latest Machine Learning and mobile application trends and provide recommendations on solutions addressing scaling, cost and performance challenges
- Help lay out the architecture for mobile, backend and research domains
- 2+ years in backend engineering and an interest in Machine Learning
- Knowledge of Big Data infrastructure and networking software, e.g. Databricks, Spark, S3
- Knowledge of software development process, and ability to code in scripting languages for data manipulation e.g. Python, Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn and SQL
- Design and document systems, including writing and reviewing code, to automate away problems within your squad’s domain
- Good coding skills in at least one programming language, and a desire to pick up more. We work primarily in Python, with smatterings of shell scripting
- Understanding of AWS services
- Experience with Linux
- Database (RDBMS & NoSql) schema design
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience using EC2, Lambda, Dynamo, RDS (PostgreS), S3, Kinesis
- Experience with Docker, NGiИX, PostgreSQL, Consul and/or Cassandra.
- Experience building scalable data processing systems for production environment.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, Torch, Caffe, for data networking, visualization and performance
- Ability to navigate code, request data from data sources and code for bug fixes.
- Actively seeks feedback and resolve discrepancies with senior team members.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: local candidates are highly preferred for this role.