TrueMotion is combining easy-to-use technology and data science to make it easier for people to become safer drivers. We believe that when people are smart, passionate, and happy they have the ability to do amazing things. Our culture is collaborative and the work we do together is challenging and meaningful. There's never a dull moment. And we love it that way. We are looking to hire a Senior Back End Engineer to design, develop and maintain Python applications hosted in an AWS environment, that processes and analyzes large amounts of data uploaded by smartphone apps. You’ll have the opportunity to work on backend code that is co-developed with data science engineers that own the machine learning module that identifies and recognizes driving behavior.
- Design, develop, validate, and maintain TrueMotion backend applications
- Contribute to the platform evolution and enhance its feature set
- Drive the resolution of very hard problems with high success rate
- Mentor other engineers in developing technical and domain expertise
- Participate in SCRUM team planning and technical meetings
- Support and continuously improve release and deployment pipeline
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Partake in the on-call rotation
- 5+ years of work experience in backend engineering
- Strong coding skills in at least one programming language, and a desire to pick up more. We work primarily in Python.
- Proficient in Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with AWS services, Linux, and Docker
- Experience with database (RDBMS & NoSql) design
- Experience with large scale production systems, including distributed systems, security, and/or configuration management
- Experience shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, adapt and learn quickly
- Experience with IoT - combining end-user devices and cloud services
- Experience with network protocols and shipping publicly available APIs
- Contributed to automated test frameworks
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: local candidates are highly preferred for this role.