As a Data Scientist at TrueMotion, you will help develop machine learning/AI models that represent physical phenomena associated with both car and human movements using sensors in cell phones. You will help solve challenging real-world problems and assist in the development of innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex, high-dimensional temporal datasets. Using knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming and data modeling and simulation, the Data Scientist II works with senior team members and other departments to identify opportunities, pose business questions and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvements.
- Use knowledge of signal processing, sensor physics, sensor fusion and contextual data to retrieve relevant information for business insight analysis and modeling.
- Use machine learning algorithms / deep learning / AI techniques to model driving behaviors and vehicle kinematics to solve business problems and deliver scalable solutions.
- Collaborate and communicate the work within Data Science team and also present the work across teams.
- Keep abreast of recent and upcoming research (white papers, conferences/ webinars), leveraging best practices and new ideas, and testing possibilities within existing products.
- Master or Ph.D degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or Physics
- Breadth and depth in machine learning algorithms/AI and best practices
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in building Machine Learning solutions to solve real-world problems with scalability. We specialize in time series data modeling - so experience in this area is preferred
- Knowledge of software development process, and ability to code in scripting languages for data manipulation, e.g., Python, Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn and SQL
- Knowledge of Big Data infrastructure, e.g. Hadoop, Spark, and deep learning frameworks required e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, Torch, or Caffe
- A team player mentality with the ability to communicate and present scientific work to various teams like product and business owners
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: local candidates are highly preferred for this role.