We’re looking for an experienced, team-oriented leader who can help us jumpstart our solution engineering team, with a focus on leveraging and extending our platform to deliver exceptional solutions to our customers. Reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, you will be involved and own the full product lifecycle, from initial customer contact, through planning, design, estimation, execution and delivery of the project. The ideal candidate will have a background in the auto insurance industry and telematics, but is not required. More importantly, you are a person who thrives on putting cutting-edge technology to work for consumers, to make driving safer, save lives and make an impact. You have experience and enjoy the challenge of leading teams to develop a great user experience and have a keen intuition for how mobile apps should work, look, feel and flow. Owning the full lifecycle, also comes with great responsibility, as arriving at great solutions with customers requires careful negotiation, compromise, patients and tact. As we are a startup, you will have ultimate ownership and influence on priorities, negotiation, on prioritizing, and you work well under pressure and against deadlines.
- Act as a primary contact point for customers, establish a strong and trusted relationship with customers and meet with them in order to define and articulate business requirements as well as a delivery plan for complex solutions that leverage TrueMotion platform and solutions.
- Work with customer teams and associates to plan best onboarding and launch strategy.
- Emphasize leveraging of TrueMotion best practices and methodology throughout the project lifecycle.
- Empower and manage one or more teams of Solution Architects and Solution Engineers.
- Coordinate TrueMotion resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Manage successful transition between sales process and project implementation as well as handover into customer operations after launch.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, develop a detailed project plan to track progress, manage changes in project scope, costs and schedule, measure and report project performance, perform risk assessment and manage / minimize project risks.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Travel 30-50%
- 5-8 years of Project Management experience, leading and managing complex projects on time, scope, and to customer business budget objectives.
- 3-5 years of experience managing technical teams and individuals.
- A strategic thinker who can anticipate potential challenges related to invisible constraints such as regional/international differences, internal customer motivation, etc.
- Auto insurance or telematics industry experience background, working experience in an insurance carrier is a plus.
- Good understanding of enterprise processes in the Auto insurance.
- Strong Product Management and/or Development leader experience or acumen.
- Relationship building and communication in all levels of an organization.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in english, a second language is a plus
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to interpret business needs and making them accessible to different target groups.
- Flexibility in the presence of shifting situations whilst maintaining a cool and assertive posture.
- University qualifications in a technical field and an MBA or equivalent work experience.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state.